Waco Foundation is a community foundation based in Waco, Texas that strategically and purposefully supports community improvement and quality of life for residents of McLennan County, located in central Texas. Established in 1958, the Foundation provides a wide-range of charitable services to our community through its roles as a convener, grantmaker, listener, resource organizer and philanthropic promoter.
Waco Foundation exists in perpetuity due to the generosity of the following individuals who were passionate about ensuring the longevity of the Waco community through the work of their local community foundation:
Mr. and Mrs. R.B. Parrott
Mr. Stephen Goldstein
Mrs. Lyle Kay Masterson
Community foundations are independent, public charities that steward philanthropic resources from institutional and individual donors to community-based organizations. Community foundations strengthen communities by enabling people to create charitable funds that address a wide range of interests. Through visionary, diverse, and inclusive philanthropy, community foundations have become catalysts for significant community change.