The 27th chapter of the United States Bartenders' Guild, in Tucson, AZ--the artistic hub of the Southwest.
The United States Bartenders’ Guild is an organization of beverage service professionals dedicated to the continued refinement of our craft. Such refinement is achieved through advanced product education; original hand crafted cocktail competitions; and aggressive involvement with other professionals in the beverage industry throughout the country and internationally. It is our intention, desire and main focus to become the most skilled, knowledgeable and professional group of bartenders in the industry.
If you’re interested in enhancing your professionalism and advancing your bartending career, then the Tucson chapter of the United States Bartenders’ Guild is looking for you. If the idea of networking with local other bar chefs, bartenders and mixologists sounds appealing, then we’re looking for you.
Tucson has grown into a world-class drinks town and is deserving of its own chapter in the global organization.
Why become a member of the Tucson Chapter of the USBG? We can think of a few reasons:
• EDUCATION — Part of the Guild’s mission is to enhance the existing knowledge of its members through meetings introducing new products, holding classes highlighting individual spirits, wines, beers and bartending trends. We look to produce a network of knowledgeable bartenders that will be viewed as a resource and as leaders in the bartending community.
• COMPETITIONS — As a member, you will be eligible to participate in various cocktail competitions. Some will be hosted by major liquor brands, some through the Guild. The winners of these competitions often travel to the National and International Competitions—compliments of the Guild—and could also have extravagant prizes such as traveling to distilleries around the world.
• CAREER ADVANCEMENT — As the Guild gains a reputation in Tucson, employers will recognize that members of the Guild are knowledgeable and passionate about various alcoholic beverages and the operations of a bar, making our members more sought after employees. Also, the USBG has an accreditation program that is recognized worldwide.
• TRAVEL — As stated above, winners of some competitions will be eligible to travel to cities around the country and world to compete in cocktail competitions. Most of these trips are funded by the Guild.
• CAMARADERIE — As a member of the Guild, you will be in close contact with other bartenders and mixologists around the city, increasing your personal network and gaining knowledge through those contacts. Guild meetings will be held at various places around Tucson. Your place of employment would be a potential meeting site. Once Tucson has been a part of the USBG, we could host competitions and events here, highlighting the city and all the places to
spend time, again building clientele.
President: Aaron DeFeo
Vice President: Michael McGill
Secretary: Keith Caywood
Treasurer: Derrick Montano