Skip Main Navigation
Page Content

St. James' Church

St. James' Episcopal Church was founded in Hyde Park, NY in 1811 by Dr. Samuel Bard, one of the leading physicians of the Revolutionary period. The present church dates from 1844. The churchyard was laid out in 1815, encompassing the Bard family burying ground. The church is most famous, perhaps, for being the home church of President and Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt, a connection which has placed it at the center of many events of national importance.

Save This Event

Event Saved