Skip Main Navigation
Page Content

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc - Chi Beta Beta Chapter

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. is the first international fraternal organization to be founded on the campus of a historically black college. Omega Psi Phi was founded on November 17, 1911, at Howard University in Washington, D.C. The founders were three Howard University undergraduates, -- Edgar Amos Love, Oscar James Cooper and Frank Coleman. Joining them was their faculty adviser, Dr. Ernest Everett Just.

The Bloomington/Normal chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. received its graduate chapter on July 16, 1983. in a private ceremony presided over by Brother John S. Epps; Tenth District Representative for the chapter who gave them the name Chi Beta Beta and presented them with their charter at the Bob Johnson’s Restaurant.

Save This Event

Event Saved