Tevis Oil was formed in 1932, and opened its first service station in 1935. In 1981, Tevis Oil diversified into the convenience store industry. The first store, originally called Tevco, was located at the site of Jiffy Mart #431 (3137 Baltimore Blvd, Finksburg), and was primarily a self-service truck stop, featuring less expensive, unbranded gasoline. But it also carried some hot food, drinks, and a few convenience items, such as milk and bread, for nearby residents. As it turned out, this location was the perfect spot for the business to flourish! With the success of this first store, Tevis Oil opened additional stores over the years, with each one offering a little more than the last, and in 1987, the Jiffy Mart name was selected. Since then, Jiffy Mart has continued to grow in the services we offer customers, and our role in the community.
Throughout 2012, Jiffy Mart partnered with national, regional and local charities in an ongoing effort to make a difference in our communities. Despite a sluggish economy, our efforts have more than tripled those of 2011.
Each fundraising event is highlighted on Jiffy Mart’s Facebook, website, marquee signs, interactive pump screens, local radio, local newspapers and in-store signage. Jiffy Mart associates participate by wearing event t-shirts, and the top fundraising associate at each location is recognized in some way.