Based in Cortlandt Manor NY, Brazilian Earth Institute (BREIN) is a unique language institute offering Portuguese language courses throughout the entire Westchester County region. BREIN enrolls students from beginner through the highly professional and advanced levels. BREIN learners are diverse, representing individuals and groups, including beginners to highly professional advanced level learners, kids, teens and adults. BREIN offers instruction at your office, home, public locations, online and at our facility. Instruction can be customized to suit any purpose, such as travel, business, social, personal interest, and more.
Our experienced native-speaking instructors are certified and/or members of The American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP), The American Association of Teachers of Portuguese (AOTP) and American Portuguese Studies Association (APSA).
Why Learn Portuguese with BREIN?
- Although BREIN is located in Cortlandt Manor, NY, we offer Portuguese instruction wherever our students are located throughout Westchester County, NY. The group class size is limited (3 to 7 students per class), and there are various types of tailor-made classes for many different learning levels. This enables our students to learn the language quickly and easily.
- Instructors are native Brazilians, and highly qualified and experienced, certified by the New York State and STARTALK program. Also, our instructors are from different regions in Brazil, which is a plus having access to various Brazilian accents. BREIN students benefit from their expertise in Portuguese grammar, communication, administration, law, and marketing.
- Our passion for Brazil, deep cultural awareness, an innovated method approach, high professionalism, teaching and training experience were the components that cultivated BREIN.
"I had been studying Portuguese off and on for a decade. I have had both professional and personal reasons to learn the language, but found myself struggling with the Pimsleur and Rosetta Stone self-directed courses.
I stumbled upon the courses that Roberta was teaching at the local Community College. From the very beginning, I found the combination of Roberta’s preparation, choice of course materials and enthusiasm extremely helpful. She makes learning Portuguese much easier, and does an excellent job building student confidence with her patience and willingness to spend the extra few minutes fully explaining the concepts.
She also strikes the right balance between the dreary work of learning verb conjugations and the exciting work of exploring the Brazilian culture. Roberta, boa sorte com seus projetos, e muito obrigada por seu ótimo trabalho!"
- Kevin I. Manhattan Territory Sales Manager - Oracle Corp.
"When I entered Professor Roberta’s Brazilian Portuguese class for beginners I knew no Portuguese and hoped to learn a little before traveling to Brazil; I was hoping for a solid base on which to expand upon arrival. Her classes have exceeded my expectations far and away. Roberta’s classes always include different types of material paired with audio and visual aids, so they are always interesting and dynamic. Her patience is outmatched and the relaxed atmosphere always provides for a comfortable learning environment. By the second or third class she only spoke in Portuguese, and has always kept a great pace in order to challenge the students while not leaving anyone behind. Even with only 2.5 hours a week of in-class instruction, I feel that I have progressed way beyond what I could have hoped for. I wish all of my teachers had the patience, teaching style, and motivation that Roberta has."
- Jed S. - Master in Spanish & Instructor, Westchester County, NY
For all levels from Beginner to Advanced:
- Portuguese for Business
- Corporate training
- Private and Semi-Private Instruction
- Online Portuguese Lessons
- Exam Preparation (CELPE, CAPLE)
- Crash Course in Portuguese
- Portuguese Conversation Class
- Portuguese for Travelers
- Portuguese for Spanish Speakers
- Portuguese For Children & Teens