Actions and Detail Panel
Zero Tolerance: Preventing workplace violence for mental health professiona...
Sat, April 15, 2017, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
Zero Tolerance: Preventing Workplace Violence for Mental Health Professionals (6 CEUs)
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, more assaults occur in the health care and social services industries than in any other. Nurses experience the most assaults, but physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, physicians’ assistants, nurses’ aides, therapists, technicians, home healthcare workers, social/welfare workers, and emergency medical care personnel are all at risk of violence by patients or a patient’s friends or relatives.
This course is designed to address the effects of violence and present practical workplace violence prevention programs and measures to protect staff and clients. We will also delve into the healing process with an emphasis on the psychological supports as part of an employer’s crisis response from the beginning.
Training Course Objectives:
• Identify the causes of workplace violence in health care settings
• Spot signs of potential violence and immediate threats
• Follow security procedures and mandated reporting requirements
• Respond effectively to threats and violence
• Recognize and respond to terrorist threats
* Networking breakfast from 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM.
OTHER COURSE TITLES FOR APPROVED CONTINUING EDUCATION
Rules to Practice By: Ethics and professional behavior in mental health
At Work and Positive: Employment rights for people with HIV, viral hepatitis and substance abuse disorders
Out of Work: How to assist and counsel unemployed clients
Saturday, May 13, 2017 - Comfort Inn University Center, Fairfax, Virginia
Friday, June 23, 2017 - Comfort Inn and Suites - BWI Airport, Baltimore, Maryland
Friday, May 26, 2017 - Houston Baptist University, Hinton Center, Houston, Texas
Time: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Voice of the People: Ethics in influencing policy through advocacy
Friday, June 16, 2017 - Comfort Inn University Center, Fairfax, Virginia
Time: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
* Social Workers: Will to Health is an approved provider of continuing education by the National Association of Social Workers, which includes approval in all states except New York, West Virginia, and Michigan. Please click the links for more details. * Maryland Psychologists: The following organizations and their approved CE sponsors are authorized sponsors of continuing education acceptable to the Board: National Association of Social Workers. Maryland COMAR 10.36.02.06. * Texas Psychologists: At least half of the required 20 hours must be obtained from or endorsed by a provider listed in Board rule 461.11(c)(3), which includes formally organized groups providing professional development that is directly related to the practice of psychology, such providers professional associations relating to other mental health professions such as psychiatry, counseling, or social work. * Other Professions: These educational offerings qualify for 6 continuing education hours as required by many national, state and local licensing boards and professional organizations. Please save your course outline and certificate of completion, and contact your board for specific filing requirements.
SOCIAL WORK EXAM PREPARATION
Saturday, May 20, 2017 - Comfort Inn & Suites - BWI Airport, Baltimore, Maryland
Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Open parking is available and neither permit nor payment is required.
What is the refund policy?
To receive a transfer credit to a future workshop of equal or lesser value ONLY, cancellations must be made between 72 hours and 30 days prior to the start date of workshop.
Any cancellations made less than 72 hours of the start date of workshop will only be eligible for a transfer PLUS will be subject to $100 administrative fee/transfer fee.