tarting with the release of Epic Dawn, D20 will start doing regular Yugioh Sealed Deck play. Epic Dawn is Yugioh’s first release that is dedicated to sealed deck play (decks that are made from small fixed number of packs)
- 10 pack. Cost $20-$25 depending on prize pool.Make 40 card decks out of the 50 cards from the packs.
The rules of sealed are that only the cards that come with the packs you open that day can be used to make your decks. No cards can be added from different sets or from any other source but the packs that were opened. The cool part of this is that a) You aren’t playing the same deck over and over again, b) Every player basically starts on an even playing field, and c) rather then buying packs just for the one or two good cards that may be found, you get to have fun with them, no matter what.
These events are similar to the sneak peeks with one major exception. The sneak peeks are for sets that weren’t designed for sealed deck play, so the decks made with them tend to either be wonderful or terrible. The new Battle packs were built for doing this, so they have many more cards that can work together well in the sets.
From Konomi, here are their suggested rules for the 10 pack events.
1. 8 Duelists are seated in a random order.
2. Each Duelist is then given 10 sealed Battle Packs.
3. The Duelists record each card out of the packs they open on the Battle Pack: Epic Dawnchecklist.
4. The Judge for the event gathers each Duelist’s set of cards and checklist and randomly distributes them among the Duelists.
5. The Duelists verify what cards they receive with the checklist they receive.
6. The Duelists will then be given 20 minutes to look over their cards, build and sleeve their 40 card Main Deck., Should they choose to sleeve their Deck, they must do so with tournament-legal sleeves.
Once steps 1 thru 6 are completed, the Duelists then will play against their first round opponent in a best 2-out of-3 match. Play will continue in single elimination format until a winner is determined.
|Deck Construction Rules|
|Main Deck Size (Minimum)||40 non-Xyz Monster Cards in Main Deck|
|Side Deck Size||All non-Xyz Monster Cards not in the Main Deck|
|Extra Deck Size||All Xyz Monster Cards|
|Forbidden/Limited List||No Forbidden & Limited Card List is used|