Tuesday, February 28th
Free breakfast at 7 a.m. - Leave promptly at 7:30 a.m. | Panera Bread (Tulsa Hills)
Free lunch provided at the capital
Return to Tulsa by bus at approximately 5 p.m.
**No cost to attend**
Our annual YP Day at the Capitol is one of the best ways for young professionals to find their voice and get plugged into the 2017 legislative agenda. Partnering with Claremore Collective, TYPros members will take a bus to Oklahoma City for a day of speaking with legislators about the changes they want for Tulsa.
Whether this is your first time visiting the Capitol or your 100th, we offer members a chance to make a real impact by teaching you how to work directly with legislators on your priorities. From Oklahoma's budget crisis to the need for higher teacher pay, issues important to young professionals need citizen advocates at the capitol. We will share the TYPros Agenda* with you reflecting the issues that are most important to our active membership.
- 7 a.m. Breakfast at Panera Bread in Tulsa Hills
- 7:30 a.m. Leave on a bus at and return at 5 p.m. (participants are also welcome to drive themselves to Oklahoma City and leave at any time)
- We'll hear from TYPros leaders and get all the tools, tips and info we need to speak with legislators. A morning session on policy will educate our members on important issues.
- We'll meet with a number of officials to talk about issues that are important to TYPros membership*
- Lunch with the Tulsa delegation
- Once back in Tulsa, you're invited to network with regional partners and Tulsa leaders at TYPros Pub Club at Torero (202 S Cheyenne Ave, Tulsa, OK 74103)
Lobbying not your thing? No worries — just show up and listen as legislators talk about their top issues. The important thing is we'll expand our political knowledge, make connections and show support for the priorities of Tulsa and its young leaders.
*The TYPros Agenda relfects the priorities of YPs in Tulsa based on an annual survey conducted through the TYPros active membership for the following legislative session. To be apart of or get more involved with this survey, please email us at email@example.com
**There are a limited amount of seats on the bus, if the bus is full we will open up a waitlist for those that rescind their reservation. If we get at least 20+ people on the waiting list by Feb 21, we will order another bus!
Special thanks to our sponsors:
Civic Impact Benefactors: Tulsa World Media Company
Civic Impact Supporting Sponsors: CLE and Pelco Structural, LLC
Save This Event
When & Where
The mission of TYPros is to attract and retain young, creative talent to the Tulsa region while also developing the next generation of leaders and enhancing Tulsa's sense of place.