San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Black Parent Group and Project We Are Heard Youth Group
have Invited the National Black Police Association-MN
for a Community Forum
Tuesday April 7th, 2015, 7pm-830pm
***Please arrive a few minutes before 7pm so we can start on time***
Where: Washington Tech Magnet School in the Multicultural Resource Room – Turn right (R) on Nebraska by Auto Zone off Rice Street. 1495 Rice Street Saint Paul, MN 55117
Why: We as community members desire a Peaceful and Respectful discussion between the officers and families.
FAMILIES, PLEASE BRING YOUR CHILDREN AGED 8 AND UP-
WE WANT THEM TO BE PRESENT AND BE A PART OF THE CONVERSATION.
RSVP Today! We all need to be here.
We would like to hold an educational meeting for community members on some of the issues below:
- What are our rights when stopped by a police officer?
- What can we do as parents to teach our children to be safe during a police officer stop?
- What are the do’s and don’ts when interacting with the law.
- Also, we would like to discuss why such inhumane treatment occurs when it comes to Black protesters vs. White rallies/protests – What are we as a people doing wrong?
- Why do we appear to be so feared by the police?
- What type of race relations training do officers have?
- What type of training do officers have in dealing with mentally ill offenders or for a call concerning the mentally ill?
- What should a community member do if they are interested in joining the police force?
- Can a police officer search your car or house without a warrant?
FB and Twitter
When & Where
The Black Parent Group
Mission: To restore, empower, and educate families while offering non-judgmental support.