Actions and Detail Panel
Youth Organizing 101
Sat, April 29, 2017, 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
Do you have youth leaders who are ready to take the next step into youth organizing? Are they ready to make real, meaningful changes in their community but need some skills in how to do that? Then this training is for you!
Led by CT youth organizers, this specific training highlights local campaigns and successes, and opportunities to work collaboratively across the state. This training is based on SOUL's training model and curriculum but is not sponsored by SOUL.
The training schedule will highlight the following:
April 29th :: Day One
- Introduction to Organizing (why do we organize?)
- Movement Building 101 (the young and the restless)
- Victories and Challenges
May 6th:: Day Two
- Claim No Easy Victories: Organizing 101
- From the Bottom Up: Base Building 101
- Outreach and Engagement
May 13th:: Day Three
- Why We Fight ( Movement Veterans Panel)
- Building the Black and Brown Student Union
- Intentional Networking
- Revolutionary Show and Tell ( Dinner Activity, Talent Showcase)
Workshops topics subject to change based on the needs expressed by the group.
Priority spots will go to youth of color, LGBT youth, immigrant youth, low-income youth and young women. All are invited to apply. Because we do not want training costs to be a barrier to enrollment, we ask that you contact us to discuss scholarship options as we want youth leaders to take advantage of this opportunity. The training is FREE.