Youth Mental Health First Aid FREE
Do you ever ask yourself ...
I wish I could help, but I don't know what to do?
Should I ask what's wrong? But what if I make her/him angry?
I don't understand what's going on but I think they need help.
What is Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA)?
It is a course that teaches people how to help an adolescent who is experiencing a mental health challenge, substance use disorder, or is in crisis.
Who should be trained in YMHFA? Any adult who interacts with youth ages 12-18 - Parents, caregivers, teachers, school or agency support staff, health & human service workers, coaches, camp counselors, volunteer, employer, any other caring citizen.
Participants can expect:
• Hands-on activities and practice
• Training in how to utilize a 5-step action plan
• Typical adolescent behavior vs. potential warning signs
• Overview of local mental health resources and other supports
• Manual packed with information on all topics in the course
• 3 year YMHFA Certification upon completion of training
Thursday, January 5 and Friday, January 6, 2017 from 8:30am - 1:00pm (MUST ATTEND BOTH DAYS)
Villa of Hope, 3300 Dewey Ave, Rochester, NY
Cost: FREE (Reg. $125 value)
Once you get a ticket from Eventbrite, you will be emailed a registration form to complete to confirm registration.
Contact for more info: Margi Taber @ email@example.com or 585-754-6197