Actions and Detail Panel
Young Greens Bristol West ACTION Weekend
Sat, Apr 29, 2017, 10:30 AM – Sun, Apr 30, 2017, 4:00 PM BST
Bristol West Action Weekend for Molly Scott Cato
Saturday 29th (Bishopston) and Sunday 30th April 2017 (Redland)
10.30am - 4.30pm both days meeting points detailed below.
Join Young Greens from across the West Country and the nation in the race for Bristol's first Green MP!
- Bristol West is the most likely place in the country to deliver a second Green MP.
- Molly Scott Cato, is a Green MEP, and is also the Green Party's national spokesperson on EU Relations and Economy & Finance. She will build on the 26.8% acheived in 2015.
- We would like to meet you! We have already made some great connections across the South West. Now, we would like to extend the invitation to the rest of England and Wales, and farther afield if you're up for it!
What will we be doing on the Action Weekend?
Knocking on doors, listening to and talking with residents of Bristol West about the issues they care about, and telling them about Molly and how the Green Party can win at the next election. Also leafleting in the Bristol West constituency.
Saturday: Meet before 10:30 at 194 Cheltenham Road, BS6 5RB for the official opening of the Green Party shop before campaigning in Bishopston
Sunday: Meet 10.30 at 8 Arundel Road, BS7 8HA to campaign in Redland.
Never canvassed before? Don't worry!
For many Young Greens, this will be their first experience of campaigning, and training is provided. You can canvass in pairs, or even just deliver leaflets. All help is welcome!
What can SWYG & Bristol Green Party, offer?
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel costs for those who require access funding.
- Free overnight accommodation with Bristol Green Party members if needed (Friday and Saturday nights).
- Free "all diet" lunches on each Action Day (Saturday and Sunday).
- Comprehensive canvassing and leafleting training at the start of each day (Saturday and Sunday).
- A good night's entertainment with Greens young and old somewhere in Bristol on Saturday night,
When do I need to be there?
You are welcome to come for as little or as long as you like. Saturday and Sunday start at 10.30am (training) and out by 11.30am. All canvassers need to be "Bristol-briefed" before setting off. We aim to finish by 5pm each day, with some fun social activities planned for the Saturday night.
Please tell us in your ticket reservation(s) which aspects of the event you plan to attend so we can plan ahead. (You may need to order two tickets.) We will be in touch if you have requested accommodation.
Where do I go?
Full address details will be provided to those registered for this event a week ahead of the Action Weekend.
Who should I contact to make overnight arrangements, or with any other queries?
Please email the campaign team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
We look forward to you joining us in making history by electing our second Green MP. It's time!