Actions and Detail Panel
Young Artist Vocal Experience
Sun, Jul 9, 2017, 3:00 PM – Fri, Jul 14, 2017, 5:00 PM EDT
July 9 - July 14, 2017
The Furman University Young Artist Vocal Experience is an intensive one-week workshop for talented solo singers and choristers ages 14-18. Board or Commute. Vocal styles taught: art song, oratorio, opera, and traditional musical theatre. Participants have the opportunity to develop their skills through voice classes, master classes, student recitals, faculty recitals and special topic sessions. Instructors are Furman University voice faculty and Furman vocal performance alumni. Private lessons are available for an additional fee. Participants will be selected based upon application information and recommendation of their private voice teacher or choir director.
COME PREPARED TO PERFORM
Students should prepare and bring two performance-ready works for master class / recital and 3-4 additional works (not yet performance ready) for further study during the week. Master class performance is encouraged but not required. Everyone performs on the closing recital. Later in the process, we will send you a link to request more information about your vocal experience, past repertoire and planned repertoire for the camp week.
- Resident Camper: $610
(includes shared room/bath, linens, all meals, tuition, recreation)
- Commuter: $510
(includes lunch, dinner, tuition, recreation)
- Private lessons: $35 per half hour session (opt, limit of 4)
DISCOUNTS and SCHOLARSHIPS
- DISCOUNT: $100 discount if the student earned regional/national N.A.T.S. or CLASSICAL SINGER placement or a position in All-State or ACDA Honors Choir.
- SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT? This form permits use of only ONE discount code, so if you are eligible for the discount listed above AND you earned a scholarship, select the PAY BY CHECK option, deduct the scholarship award from your balance owed and either call the Furman music office to pay by card or send check/money order payable to FURMAN UNIVERSITY MUSIC. Email email@example.com if questions. Music Office: 864-294-2086
- SCHOLARSHIP CHECK PAYMENTS
Payable to FURMAN UNIVERSITY MUSIC
Mail to: Young Artist Vocal Experience
Furman University Music
3300 Poinsett Hwy
Greenville SC 29613
- Credit Card option available. Call or email for donor instructions.
Payment and Refund Policy.
- Payment due at time of application (March 1 - May 15
- $200 non-refundable after April 15
- $300 non-refundable after May 15
- NO REFUNDS after June 15.
For additional details and sample schedule visit www.furman.edu/SummerVocalXP