Kick off the summer right with learning and fun in Yosemite! The week after school lets out, NatureBridge will host Yosemite is Our Backyard - a day camp specifically tailored for the children, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews of the Yosemite area community.
Campers meet with NatureBridge field educators daily at 8:45 a.m. in Yosemite Valley and embark on days filled with games, exploration, and learning. Each day ends at 3:45 p.m. with the exception of Friday when all parents are invited to Crane Flat for a barbeque and campfire. Pick up on Friday will be at NatureBridge's Crane Flat campus at 7:30 p.m.
Volunteer as a chaperone for at least 3 days and your child can participate for half price! (see below for details).
The Week's Itinerary:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: Days begin at 8:45 a.m. at NatureBridge's Yosemite Valley Office (across from the NPS administration building). Parents pick up their kids at the same location at 3:45 p.m.
- Thursday: Day begins at 8:45 a.m. at NatureBridge's Yosemite Valley office. NatureBridge will transport participants to Crane Flat in the morning for day exploring the Crane Flat area and the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias. Parents are invited to join their kids for a barbeque and campfire at our Crane Flat campus. Dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. Parents pick up their kids at 7:30 p.m. at Crane Flat.
Parent Volunteer information and agreement:
In order to have adequate supervision for the students, we will need one or two parents to volunteer to help out in each hiking group each day of the program.
If you are able to volunteer for one of our 3-day shifts, we are offering half-price tuition for one child.
Volunteer shifts are Monday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday.
Please note that it may not be possible for parent volunteers to be in their own child's group.
For more information, contact Rebecca Ryan at 209-372-9302 ext 61, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations received more than 60 days prior to the start date of the program will receive a full refund minus a $35 processing fee.
- Cancellations received between 30 and 60 days prior to the start date of the program will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the start date of the program are not eligible for a refund.