Actions and Detail Panel
Yoga and Psyche Immersion: 30-hour training
Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 9:00 AM – Sun, Apr 23, 2017, 6:00 PM PDT
Yoga & Psyche: Where Somatic Experiencing® Meets Yoga
Somatic Experiencing® is at the cutting edge of trauma treatment and embodiment practices worldwide. Yoga is scientifically and anecdotally proven almost universally to be beneficial for all levels of physical, psychological, and spiritual well-being at all ages and stages of life. This training offers a theoretical and experiential exploration of how blending these two highly complementary modalities supports deep unwinding of trauma in the body, personal and relational healing, self-awareness, and thriving. This workshop will introduce students—novice through advanced—to the foundational principles of Somatic Experiencing® through explanation, demonstrations, and partner work. We will then discover how these practices blend seamlessly with yoga, including asana/postures, breathwork, and meditation, and visualization.
Through this highly experiential immersion, students will:
- Understand and review core practices of Somatic Experiencing including resourcing, titration, and pendulation
- Discover how to bring core practices of Somatic Experiencing into yoga practice and teaching in order to receive and offer deeper psycho-somatic benefits
- Explore the emotional level of yoga asana and discover how to utilize yoga practice to process trauma
- Learn to use yogic practices to enhance therapeutic work with clients
- How Tantric yoga philosophy and practice seamlessly links yoga and Somatic Experiencing
A certificate of completion will be provided. 24 CEs are approved for participants. View registration for details.
The immersion can be taken in-person or at a distance from anywhere throughout the world. There will be a 3-day intensive offered in-person in Marin County, CA, or at a distance (via video), as well as (two) 3-hour livestream sessions both before and after to prepare and to integrate the core course content and allow ample time for questions and dialogue.