Yet I Stand is based on actual events: Elise, a 16 year old that has been sexually abused/assaulted by her Uncle since she was 10 years old and 3 neighborhood boys. We will follow her as she deals with the trauma and after affects. Finally her family and friends come together to help her from trauma to triumph.
Some statistics for you to consider:
- 1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime;
- About 3% of American men — or 1 in 33 — have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime;
- 15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12
- Every 107 seconds, another American is sexually assaulted.
- There is an average of 293,066 victims (age 12 oolder) of rape and sexual assault each year.