This November, Xposure Magazine will celebrate its 7 year anniversary with an awards brunch in Atlanta, GA. Over the last 7 years, there are so many great people who have contributed to our success who we want to honor. This year’s theme is True To Atlanta which not only celebrates our honoree’s ties to Atlanta but also our love for our home base. Categories include Excellence in Arts & Entertainment, Business, Community Enrichment, Education, Philanthropy, and more. Join us this November as we celebrate 7 years in business with honoring and giving back to Atlanta.
All tickets include food and beverage, Welcome Reception begins at 1pm sharp, Vanguard Awards begin at 2pm. Attire is Sunday's Best.
Be sure to follow Xposure Magazine on Instagram for updates on special invited guests, guest speakers and more information on our honorees. We look forward to seeing you November 13!
Vanguard Awards Recipients:
- Barry Hundley for Excellence in Community Enrichment - Development Director of Atlanta Children's Shelter, President Elect Buckhead Business Association. Barry Hundley is the Development Director for the Atlanta Children’s Shelter; a day shelter for homeless families working to regain and sustained financial stability. As the Development Director, Barry’s responsibilities include implementing the strategic direction and directing all donor engagements and special events.Barry has been a member of the Buckhead Business Association for 6 years serving as Vice President of Membership, Board Secretary and in 2017 he will take on the role of President.
- Ashley Greenway for Excellence in Education - A first grade teacher at Elm Street Elementary in Rome, Georgia, Ashley was recently named Georgia Power STEM Laureate and Elm Street Elementary Teacher of the Year. Ashley’s most noteworthy classroom initiative is Sugar Kids Beauty, an education corporation designed and run by first grade students. Begun in August 2015, with seed funding from a national company, this business has become a model for successful entrepreneurship in schools. With over $15,000 in sales in just three months, it is the most successful of their funded projects. Sugar Kids Beauty has five student-run departments: Research and Development, Creative Design, Marketing, Finance, and Shipping and Handling. Students become “experts” in their area and take part in the training of new groups as they rotate through stations, thus becoming an innovative and sustainable learning model.
- Ryan Wilson for Excellence in Business Leadership - Founder/CEO of The Gathering Spot - Ryan is responsible for the club's overall management and strategic vision. A lawyer by training, Ryan founded the company with his cofounder TK Petersen, after identifying the need for a space for professionals of all backgrounds to have a private membership experience that spoke to their business and social interest.
- T.K. Petersen for Excellence in Business Leadership - Co Founder/CFO of The Gathering Spot - TK hails from the island of St.Croix, US Virgin Islands. TK attended Georgetown University and graduated with a double major in Finance and Accounting. TK cofounded the company with Ryan Wilson after identifying the need for a space for professionals of all backgrounds to have a private membership experience that spoke to their business and social interest.
- Ceasar Mitchell for Excellence in Civic Engagement - Ceasar C. Mitchell serves as 7th President of the Atlanta City Council. Prior to being elected Council President, Mitchell served eight years as a citywide Councilmember. A native Atlantan, educated at Morehouse College and the University of Georgia Law. Earlier this year, Council President announced his campaign for Atlanta's next Mayor.
- Kendall Robinson for Excellence in Youth Philanthropy - Kendall is a 15-year-old Suwanee, GA resident and the Founder of Love Rolls Inc. In the Spring of this year, Kendall founded a nonprofit company, Love Rolls, Inc. that collects physical and monetary donations to purchase toilet paper for the homeless and for those in need in the Metro Atlanta area. Kendall has received recognition from President Obama, Governor Nathan Deal, Secretary of State Brian Kemp and various organizations including United Way, Kimberly Clark and more.
- Erica Dias and Ashley Jerningan for Excellence in Entreprenuership - The B Firm: PR, founded in 2012 by 2 sisters; Ms. Erica Dias & Mrs. Ashley Jernigan. The B Firm PR provides experienced Marketing, Public Relations, Promotions and Brand Management services to our fashion, entertainment and beauty clients in both the public and private sector. Erica has over 10 years of experience in the fashion and beauty industry. Ashley received her MBA from Georgia State University in 2013. She has been in the PR industry for over 8 years. Ashley handles all publicity, community awareness and event management for The B Firm.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
All ages are welcome to attend, ID will be requested from guests who desire alcholic beverages.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Hotel Hourly parking rates:
- 0–3 hours: $16
- 3–6 hours: $22
- 6–24 hours: $35
There are also various parking options available surrounding the hotel.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Tickets are non transferrable, all sales are final.