Seattle is one of the world's centers of cancer immunotherapy. Three years ago, Xconomy gathered some of the field's experts to talk about the promises of harnessing the immune system to fight cancer. Today, some of those promises seem well within reach, and a small but growing number of patients are benefiting from a handful of approved (and expensive) drugs. But while the opportunities seem closer at hand, many challenges remain. It's time to gather again in Seattle to discuss what's gone right, what's gone wrong, and how the field's brightest minds are working through the obstacles inherent when complicated biology, cutting-edge medical practice, and financial pressures meet.
Speakers from our last Seattle cancer immunotherapy event included:
- Hans Bishop, CEO, Juno Therapeutics
- Mitch Gold, Executive Chairman, Alpine BioSciences
- Rob Hershberg, CEO, VentiRx Pharmaceuticals (now CSO at Celgene)
- Deborah Law, VP, Biologics Discovery, Merck (now CSO at Jounce Therapeutics)
- Ira Mellman, VP, Cancer Immunology, Genentech
- Robert Nelsen, Managing Director, Arch Venture Partners
- Stan Riddell, Researcher, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Chad Robins, CEO, Adaptive Biotechnologies
Tickets are transferable but not refundable.
To inquire about press registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Speakers and program schedule are subject to change.
VENTURE CAPITAL MEMBERS
LIFE SCIENCE MEMBERS
Save This Event
When & Where
Xconomy is an innovative news and events organization with outposts in Boston, Boulder/Denver, Detroit/Ann Arbor, Indiana, New York, Raleigh-Durham, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Texas, and Wisconsin. It is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today’s high-tech economy. Xconomy is staffed by world-class journalists and media professionals, and supported by “the Xconomists,” who include some of the world’s leading innovators. Get to know them and the Xconomy team at www.xconomy.com/about.
Sign up for RSS feeds, daily email newsletters, and email alerts from Xconomy at http://www.xconomy.com/rss-feeds/.