After a 2016 filled with extreme highs and lows, biotech is in for yet another bumpy ride in 2017. The Trump Administration vows to repeal Obamacare. The 21st Century Cures Act is in place. Changes loom at the FDA, drug pricing remains a flashpoint, and the IPO market continues to sputter. Yet through it all, critical biotech advances are being made. In cancer immunotherapy, drug cocktails may boost the power of existing treatments. For the first time, a CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing product could be tested in a human being--and a gene therapy submitted for approval in the U.S. Patients and their advocates are being incorporated into the drug development and approval process like never before.
What ideas are Boston’s innovators focusing on? What are the most promising startups and big company programs, and how does their leadership plan to move ideas forward amidst the shifting political and healthcare landscape?
Join Xconomy as we bring together a group of Boston biotech’s top entrepreneurs, investors, and leaders to explore these and other topics on the life sciences horizon.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Noubar Afeyan, Founder, Senior Managing Partner & CEO, Flagship Pioneering
- Katrine Bosley, CEO, Editas Medicine
- Laurie Glimcher, President & CEO, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Stelios Papadopoulos, Chairman of the Board, Biogen; Co-founder & Chairman of the Board, Exelixis
- Richard Pops, Chairman & CEO, Alkermes
- Susan Windham-Bannister, Ph.D., President and CEO, Biomedical Growth Strategies; Managing Partner, Biomedical Innovation Advisors
- Michael Gilman, CEO & Chairman, Arrakis Therapeutics
- Abbie Celniker, Partner, Third Rock Ventures
- David Schenkein, CEO, Agios Pharmaceuticals
- Ed Kaye, President, CEO & Chief Medical Office, Sarepta Therapeutics
Registration & Networking: 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Program: 1:30 - 5:30 pm
Networking Reception: 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Tickets are transferable but not refundable.
To inquire about press registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Speakers and program schedule are subject to change.
VENTURE CAPITAL MEMBERS
LIFE SCIENCE MEMBERS
Save This Event
When & Where
Xconomy is an innovative news and events organization with outposts in Boston, Boulder/Denver, Detroit/Ann Arbor, Indiana, New York, Raleigh-Durham, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Texas, and Wisconsin. It is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today’s high-tech economy. Xconomy is staffed by world-class journalists and media professionals, and supported by “the Xconomists,” who include some of the world’s leading innovators. Get to know them and the Xconomy team at www.xconomy.com/about.
Sign up for RSS feeds, daily email newsletters, and email alerts from Xconomy at http://www.xconomy.com/rss-feeds/.