Life science research and healthcare are a nationwide conversation. Now, with the stunning election of Donald Trump, that conversation is rife with questions. The Obama White House has used major initiatives to push innovation in precision medicine and cancer. Will those programs continue under Trump? As a candidate, Trump seemed open to addressing drug prices. Will his administration and a GOP-led Congress see eye to eye? How will the U.S. respond to threats like Zika virus, which has spread to our shores?
Xconomy wants to talk about it all. Join National Biotechnology Editor Alex Lash in San Francisco on December 6 for a post-election exploration of the biggest health and biotechnology issues across the land. Topics will include the future of national health initiatives, the intersection of Big Data and healthcare, the looming presence of genetic modification, and our national response to infectious disease.
- John Wilbanks, Chief Commons Officer, Sage Bionetworks
- Vijay Pande, General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Peter Kuhn, Dean’s Professor of Biological Sciences; Professor of Medicine and Engineering, USC
- Jacob Corn, Scientific Director, Innovative Genomics Initiative, UC Berkeley
- Melanie Ott, Senior Investigator, Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, UCSF
- Marcy Darnovsky, Executive Director, Center for Genomics and Society
- Camille Samuels, Partner, Venrock
- Duncan MacCannell, CSO, OAMD, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Matthew Porteus, Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Stem Cell Transplantation), Stanford University
- Nima Farzan, CEO, PaxVax
- Jenny Rooke, Managing Director, 5 Prime Ventures
- Laurent Fischer, CEO, Tobira Therapeutics
- Aarif Khakoo, VP Research and San Francisco Site Head, Amgen
- Adams Dudley, Director, UCSF Center for Healthcare Value
Registration: 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Program: 1:30 - 5:30 pm
Networking Reception: 5:30 - 6:30 pm
View the full agenda.
Tickets are transferable but not refundable.
To inquire about press registration, email email@example.com.
BioCrossroads • Jacobs Global Buildings
TEVA Pharmaceuticals • Texas Medical Center
VENTURE CAPITAL MEMBERS
Avalon Ventures • ARCH Venture Partners
Launch Capital • Polaris Partners • Santé Ventures
SR One • Third Rock Ventures
LIFE SCIENCE MEMBERS
Acorda Therapeutics • Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals • Bayer • Epizyme
Genocea Biosciences • Health Advances
When & Where
Xconomy is an innovative news and events organization with outposts in Boston, Boulder/Denver, Detroit/Ann Arbor, Indiana, New York, Raleigh-Durham, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Texas, and Wisconsin. It is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today’s high-tech economy. Xconomy is staffed by world-class journalists and media professionals, and supported by “the Xconomists,” who include some of the world’s leading innovators. Get to know them and the Xconomy team at www.xconomy.com/about.
Sign up for RSS feeds, daily email newsletters, and email alerts from Xconomy at http://www.xconomy.com/rss-feeds/.