What are the major innovations that will have the biggest overall impact on humans—on people’s lives, comfort, health, and security—and what role will San Diego play in the advance of these technologies?
Xconomy is organizing a half-day forum to explore this theme, focusing on the innovations in the life sciences and technology that appear most likely to affect large numbers of people or markets, and on the breakthroughs that promise to result in substantially lower costs for consumers.
Among the fields we'll be examining:
- Quantified Health
- Fighting Cancer
- Self-driving Vehicles
- Precision Medicine
- Scientific Wellness
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mary Lou Jepsen, founder, Openwater; former Director of Engineering, Facebook/Oculus
- Dan Goldin, former Administrator, NASA; Chairman, President & CEO, KnuEdge
- Henrik Christensen, Director, UCSD Institute for Contextual Robotics
- Larry Smarr, Director, CalIT2
- Jeff Hawkins, VP on Reproductive Health, Illumina
- Clayton Lewis, Co-founder & CEO, Seattle-based Arivale
- Jay Lichter, Managing Director, Avalon Ventures Partner
- Steven Steinhubl, Professor, Scripps Translational Science Institute
- Sandeep Pandya, President, NetraDyne
Registration: 12:30 – 1:30 pm
Program: 1:30 – 5:30 pm
Networking reception: 5:30 – 6:30 pm
Tickets are transferable but not refundable.
To inquire about press registration, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT HOST AND PLATINUM SPONSOR
VENTURE CAPITAL MEMBERS
LIFE SCIENCE MEMBERS
Save This Event
When & Where
Xconomy is an innovative news and events organization with outposts in Boston, Boulder/Denver, Detroit/Ann Arbor, Indiana, New York, Raleigh-Durham, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Texas, and Wisconsin. It is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today’s high-tech economy. Xconomy is staffed by world-class journalists and media professionals, and supported by “the Xconomists,” who include some of the world’s leading innovators. Get to know them and the Xconomy team at www.xconomy.com/about.
Sign up for RSS feeds, daily email newsletters, and email alerts from Xconomy at http://www.xconomy.com/rss-feeds/.