San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
How does an aspiring writer stay motivated and meet people who will help with his or her career? The answer is by building a creative community. In a fun, relaxed setting, you'll meet writers who have been where you are and have made it to the other side, and approachable agents and publishers who want you to succeed. Writing can be a lonely task. That's why it's so important to make friends who understand what you are going through and want to support you. You can meet those friends at the next Writers Work Conference!
Here are just some of the activities during this conference:
- After a session on how to pitch, enter the lottery to give your pitch in front of literary agent Shira Hoffman. Now's your chance to hear feedback, and find potential representation.
- Author of the International bestseller, The God of Animals, and the short story collection, Boys and Girls Like You and Me, Aryn Kyle will be talking about her experience of developing a short story into novel, and sharing tips on how to get into writers' residencies.
- An hour-long, guided writing session with Melissa Petro, who has written for basically every magazine with words.
- A group discussion where you can share your tips, your frustrations, and your questions about writing.
- Views on the world of publishing from editors at traditional publishers and Deborah Emin of Sullivan Street Press, who is shifting the paradigm of publishing.
- More speakers and events are being added as you read this! Check out our website for updates on speakers and the schedule.
When & Where
Writers Work is a supportive community for emerging and established authors. We host several readings during the year, as well as a biannual conference and a writer's retreat. Make sure to get all of our updates by joining the mailing list.