Actions and Detail Panel
World Social Work Day 2017
Tue, March 21, 2017, 10:30 AM – 5:00 PM GMT
Swansea University is pleased to host an international event to celebrate World Social Work Day 2017, along with key partners the British Association of Social Workers (BASW) Cymru, Cardiff University and the University of Houston, Texas.
Utilizing a bi-regional approach (Swansea, UK and Houston, USA) this conference is designed to support delegates’ exploration of the International Federation of Social Worker’s theme for World Social Work Day 2017: Promoting Community and Environmental Sustainability.
The theme relates to the third pillar of the Global Agenda for Social Work and Social Development:
1. promoting social and economic equalities,
2. ensuring the dignity and worth of the person
3. promoting sustainable communities and environmentally sensitive development
4. promoting wellbeing through sustainable human relationships.
Specifically, the theme of the day acknowledges that the health and well-being of people suffer as a result of inequalities and unsustainable environments related to climate change, pollutants, war, natural disasters and violence to which there are inadequate international responses. A commitment to consider the internal activities of our own organisations is requested, directed towards ensuring that policies and standards are consistent with addressing the root causes of poverty and oppression and promoting sustainable social environments which make a reality of respect for human rights and dignity.
The aims of this conference are threefold: to facilitate dialogue to inform current understanding, to devise ways to work across institutional divides, and to propose next steps for research, policy and practice interventions.
It is essential to register to attend this event.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Vegetarians will be catered for - details of other dietery requirements should be emailed to email@example.com by 01.03.2017.
HOT OFF THE PRESS!
World Social Work Day 2017 Poster Competition
Swansea University is holding a competition for the design of a poster to celebrate World Social Work Day 2017.
The special theme for this poster is Promoting Community and Environmental Sustainability and we are seeking submissions with imagery relevant to this theme.
The poster must include these words:
World Social Work Day, 21st March 2017
Promoting Community and Environmental Sustainability
Submissions must be brought to the Registration desk at the World Social Work Day celebrations at Swansea University by 10am on March 21st 2017, and will be displayed throughout the event.
Guidelines for submitting a poster:
- A maximum of 3 posters may be entered per participant or group of participants. The competition is open to anyone including people who use social work services, students, social workers.
- Your poster(s) must be submitted to the Registration desk by 10am on March 21st 2017
- Your poster(s) must be A1 in size and must contain the wording specified above.
- All submissions will be included in the judging process and displayed at the event
- The posters will be judged on their content and design.
- The design and image must be relevant to the theme.
- The poster must provide a positive message of social work’s contributions to community and environmental sustainability.
- The poster should open dialogue and provoke discussion.
The winner will be announced at the event, and will receive a prize from Swansea University.