Join the Autism Society of North Carolina, individuals with autism, their families, and community members for a day of fellowship and celebration!
Special activities: Cookout lunch, ice cream truck, music DJ, outdoor games, hay rides, face-painting
Many of our facilities will be open: gym, zapline, Snoezelen sensory room, playground, pond for boating and fishing. Come chat with ASNC staff, including our Autism Resource Specialists. We'll be there from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We are accepting donations to help cover food expenses.
We also need volunteers to help make this a fun day outdoors for our families. Sign up here if you would like to join our efforts! If you have a whole group that would like to help, click here.
PHOTOS will be taken at the event. Please read the following:
The Autism Society of NC uses photos and videotapes in the development of publications and training in order to promote autism and agency awareness as well as to assist in the teaching of best practices to individuals working with participants on the autism spectrum.
We would like your permission to have you or your family member photographed, filmed or taped. When completing the registration process, read the statements about photo permissions and answer what you feel appropriate by checking the box adjacent to each choice. Photos may be used for no less than 3 years.
Please read the following. By registering, you agree to the release as written below. Your registration serves as an electronic signature.
IN CONSIDERATION of myself or my children being permitted to attend Camp Royall and/or to utilize any and all other facilities, services, vehicles and programs of the Autism Society of North Carolina (“Autism Society”) for any purpose, including, but not limited to observation or use of facilities, vehicles or equipment, transportation to or from programs or activities, or participation in any off-site program affiliated with the Autism Society, the undersigned, for himself or herself and such participating children and any personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin, hereby acknowledges, agrees and represents that he or she has, or immediately upon entering or participating will, inspect and carefully consider such premises, facilities, vehicles and equipment or the affiliated program. It is further warranted that such entry Camp Royall for observation or use of any facilities, vehicles or equipment, transportation or participation in such affiliated program constitutes an acknowledgement that such premises, vehicles and all facilities and equipment thereon and such affiliated program have been inspected and carefully considered and that the undersigned finds and accepts same as being safe and reasonably suited for the purpose of such observation, use, transportation or participation by the undersigned and such children. IN FURTHER CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO ATTEND Camp Royall AND/OR ALLOWING MY/OUR CHILD/CHILDREN TO ATTEND Camp Royall, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. I/we, on behalf of ourselves and our child/ camper, hereby authorize the Autism Society staff to take myself or my family members off the campsite for medical treatment or hospital care in case of an emergency, illness, or accident during our stay at Camp Royall. I/we, on behalf of ourselves and our children/ campers, give permission for me and my family members to be given emergency medical treatment during our attendance at Camp Royall.
2. I/we, on behalf of ourselves and our family, hereby authorize myself and my family to participate in camp activities, and I give permission for Autism Society staff to take me or my family off the campsite for off-site activities.
3. I/we, individually and on behalf of my family, assume the risks of our family's attendance at Camp Royall and hereby agree to accept any and all risk of personal injury, property damage, or death. Specifically, and in consideration of my family's participation at Camp Royall, I/we, on behalf of ourselves and our family, hereby knowingly and voluntarily agree to INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, SAVE, HOLD HARMLESS, RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT not to sue the Autism Society and its affiliates and/or its officers, board members, agents, servants, employees and volunteers (collectively “Released Parties”), from or for any and all liability, demands, claims, damages, or cost, known or unknown, arising out of (i) property loss or damage and (ii) injury or death while my/our child is participating at Camp Royall, which includes any claims arising while my family is being transported on site or off site or other related activities, whether caused by the negligence of the Released Parties.
4. THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agree(s) that the foregoing RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of North Carolina, shall cover all persons listed below, shall survive the observation, use or participation of the facilities, programs, vehicles and equipment by the persons listed below, and that if any provision of this RELEASE FORM, or portion thereof, is held invalid or unenforceable, it is agreed that the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect.
5. I/we, on behalf of ourselves and our family, have carefully read this Release Form and fully understand its contents and intend by my/our signature below for this Release Form to be binding upon me, my spouse (if applicable), and my children, as well as our respective heirs, assigns, and personal representatives.
6. I/we, on behalf of ourselves and our family, hereby understand and agree to all of the above statements.