San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
FESTIVAL TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE!
We welcome artists and filmmakers, students and general public of all ages and of all abilities to experience an inclusive new venue for the arts, with:
3 Days, Over 100 Short Films, Panels, Workshops, Art Exhibits, Industry Guests, Parties and Awards!
- GET YOUR TICKETS $8.00 each for one day passes
- MAKE A DONATION TO GET THE FESTIVAL BIRDIES' BADGE! $20 donation and up for an all access pass to all three festival days and evening after-parties.
EACH BIRDIES BADGE DONATION IS A CHANCE TO WIN $5,000 FROM THE PGA TOUR'S BIRDIES FOR CHARITY CAMPAIGN
• Film Festival Event experience for all ages inside the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville with film screenings, art, music, interactive workshops. (Outdoor Picnic in the Park Lunch area provided by Downtown Vision).
- For School Field Trips - Teachers and Chaperones Get A Free Day Pass: Please contact the World Arts office to arrange for a Free Pass based on 1 free adult / per 10 paid students. Get form by Email at Register@worldartsfilmfestival.org. Email or Fax back your completed registration and make the payment here for your group. Your Teacher's Passes will waiting for you at WILL CALL.
- Daily Awards are presented to students K-12 for top participation in workshops and panels.
- Teacher's Resource and related classroom extensions for our event workshops will be available.
FUNDRAISER with The PGA TOUR:
WHAT IS A BIRDIE'S BADGE AND HOW DO I GET ONE?
The World Arts Film Festival 3-Day Passes: ALL-ACCESS BIRDIES BADGE and FESTIVAL GOLD BIRDIES BADGE are both an automatic donation to The PGA Tour's Birdies for Charity campaign. One hundred percent (100%) of your DONATION proceeds will go to support our film and arts educational programs with youth, including individuals with special needs such as autism.
Here's how it works! With each individual donation made to the PGA TOUR's BIRDIES FOR CHARITY CAMPAIGN supporting World Arts Education. You receive a Birdies Badge for all three days of the festival including additional screenings and parties at select venues and A CHANCE TO WIN $5,000!
FOR $20 to $49.99 donation, you receive:
- ONE 3-DAY ALL-ACCESS "Birdies Badge" with DONATION TO WORLD ARTS EDUCATION on The PGA Tour's Birdies For Charity campaign: Required Donation. The 3-DAY ALL-ACCESS BIRDIES BADGE includes all 3 Days of films plus After-Parties: Thursday Night (5-9pm) Opening Reception; Friday Night After Party for Teens (5-7pm) and Friday Night Special Event: Screening for the Adults (5-6:30 pm at MOCA then party continues at nearby location 7pm-until); Saturday Night (5pm-8) Wrap-UP After Party.
- Each registration is an Automatic Opportunity to WIN $5,000. Just MAKE YOUR GUESS! If you go to The PGA Tour Birdies for Charity Campaign page to learn more and donate there, please list World Arts Education when making your donation. Your Birdies Badge will be waiting at WILL CALL.
FOR $50 and up donation, you receive:
- ONE 3-DAY ALL-ACCESS FESTIVAL GOLD "Birdies Badge" with DONATION TO WORLD ARTS EDUCATION on The PGA Tour's Birdies For Charity campaign: Required individual donation of $50.00 or more. FESTIVAL GOLD BIRDIES BADGE includes all 3 Days, plus ALL After-Parties ALL NIGHTS, Friday Night Special Event: Screening and Festival Gold Party (Adult);Saturday Night (5pm-8) Wrap-UP After Party and recognition on our website for your support of our mission.
- Each registration is an Automatic Opportunity to WIN $5,000. Just MAKE YOUR GUESS! If you go to the PGA Tour Birdies for Charity Campaign page to learn more and donate there, please list World Arts Education when making your donation. Your Birdies Badge wiill be waiting at WILL CALL.
FOR $10 donation, you receive:
- ONE PARTY PASS - single use for any one event that starts at or after 5pm during World Arts Film Festival April 11-13th.
Here's the Current List of Events at the Film Festival:
10 AM- 5 PM Thursday, FESTIVAL DAY ONE / Films, Panels, Workshops - Schedule on website
5 PM - 9 PM Thursday, After-Party Opening Night Reception at MOCA
10 AM- 5 PM Friday, FESTIVAL DAY TWO / Films, Panels, Workshops - Schedule on website
5 PM- 6:30 PM Friday, Happy Film Hour @ MOCA with drinks sponsored by NUVO
Presenting Guest Filmmakers Joops Fragale and Michael Long of 386 Films with a
Special Screening of The Guy Knows Everything (RT: 30m USA, adult language)
7 PM until After-Party continues at Burrito Gallery (21 E. ADAMS ST.) Live music with Garrett On Acoustic
11 AM - 5 PM Saturday, FESTIVAL DAY THREE / Films, Panels, Workshops -Schedule on website
*Saturday - The Kaleidoscope Awards - Presentation Ceremony at 4 PM
5 PM - 8 PM Saturday, Wrap Party! Celebrating our first year, filmmakers and volunteers!
Location: Underbelly (113 E. BAY ST.) Live Music with Sean Lightfoot
PARTIES: Begin at 5 PM- Until -->Nightly After-Parties! All Events will be listed on our website!
About Birdies For Charity: a unique, community-based fundraising initiative held in conjunction with THE PLAYERS Championship at TPC Sawgrass, May 6-12, 2013. With your donation you have the option to guess the total number of birdies that will be made during the competition rounds of the tournament. The individual making the correct or closest guess will win $5,000!
If you choose correctly, World Arts Education, the non-profit presenting the World Arts Film Festival, will also receive an additional $5,000 from THE PLAYERS Championship! Thank you everyone, we hope you WIN!
The PLAYERS Championship event is right after our festival, so this is a super way to raise more funding for our children's programs. Good Luck on your guess! Make a guess every time you donate $20 or above right here. Be sure to answer the Birdies question and the Tiebreaker when you donate and your guess will be automatically entered and recorded. If you go directly to the Birdies For Charity website, just make sure to enter World Arts Education as your designated charitable organization. Either way your Festival Birdies Badge will be waiting for you at our WILL CALL desk.
|How Many Birdies Have Been Made During Recent PLAYERS?||
How Many Balls Have Been Hit In The Water At #17 In Recent Years?
|2012: 1,523 Birdies
2011: 1,607 Birdies
2010: 1,560 Birdies
2009: 1,502 Birdies
2008: 1,241 Birdies
2007: 1,370 Birdies
2006: 1,385 Birdies
|2012: 40 balls hit into water at #17
2011: 40 balls hit into water at #17
2010: 29 balls hit into water at #17
2009: 30 balls hit into water at #17
2008: 64 balls hit into water at #17
2007: 93 balls hit into water at #17
2006: 57 balls hit into water at #17
For more information about the Birdies For Charity program, please visit THE PLAYERS Championship website and choose World Arts Education for your donation today! Thank you.
(please see our website for complete details of films and list of all event activities)
Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville
333 N Laura St
World Arts Film Festival
The World Arts Film Festival, highlights the creativity of a new generation of filmmakers inviting both established masters and first-time directors.
As part of World Arts' global educational outreach, the festival brings diverse groups of filmmakers of all ages and backgrounds, including those with special needs, to meet and mentor each other and their audiences through this new venue.
Created by individuals in New York, Los Angeles and Jacksonville, and supported by a growing network of advisors around the world, the festival expanded recently producing its first ON LOCATION program in Ottawa, Canada.
More about the festival's educational initiatives on the website.