Time/Date: Saturday 12/17 @ 11am-3pm
Location: The New Movement (616 Lavaca St.)
10 student cap
**SOME EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: This workshop is open to experienced performers or storytellers who are looking to work on an existing piece or need the inspiration to start a new one**
- Email TNMATX@gmail.com and pay cash/check/CC in person on day of, OR
- Pay in advance via Eventbrite below!
In this all-level workshop, students will learn to mine their experiences for personal narratives. Through the use of exercises involving theme, details and story structure, each student will leave class with a compelling 5-7 minute story.
- Learn methods to mine for stories from your past experiences.
- Find out how to structure your story in a way that will keep your audience engaged.
- Explore performance strategies to present your story in a way that is authentic and entertaining.
ABOUT DAVID CRABB:
David Crabb is a writer, teacher and storyteller in New York City. He is a Moth StorySLAM host and 3-time Moth SLAM winner. His solo show BAD KID was named a New York Times Critics’ Pick. A memoir based on the show is out now, published by Harper Perennial. David has instructed at NYC's People's Improv Theatre, Kevin Allison's The Story Studio & Upright Citizens Brigade. He is a storytelling mentor for vets and care-givers through the Wounded Warrior Foundation and is currently lead instructor for The Moth's High School Slam Program. This Fall Audible.com will release his original storytelling series, "Stories In Session," featuring stories from and interviews with the nation's best-known storytellers.
Save This Event
When & Where
The New Movement-ATX