WORKSHOP SERIES: The Kellogg/1871 Scaling Series: Building Your Initial Team, Board, and Culture
A unique program with Northwestern University and 1871.
"The Kellogg/1871 Scaling Series: Building Your Initial Team, Board, and Culture"
A three session (June 30, July 8, July 13) series. All sessions are from 11:30-1:00 in the IMSA Classroom at 1871.
Individuals that attend all three sessions will get a badge of recognition which can be placed on their 1871 and LinkedIn profiles.
Session 1: Building Your Initial Team
June 30: Joe Dwyer, Kellogg adjunct lecturer: Partner, Founder Equity
- Who to add?
- How to incentivize them to join?
- Owner equity split
- NDAs, employment agreements, non-competes and other legal aspects of employment
Session 2: Building your Advisory Board, Corporate Board
July 8: Mark Achler, Kellogg adjunct lecturer: Partner, MATH Venture Partners
- The profile of your advisory board. How can they help you? How to best leverage this group?
- How do you identify and recruit the best people?
- How a corporate board differs?
- Your input on the board.
- How to manage a Board.
Session 3: Scaling your company and the talent
July 13: Daniel Weinfurter Kellogg Adjunct Lecturer: CEO, Growthplay
- How to determine who to hire?
- Moving from a ‘flat’ organizational structure to a hierarchical organization.
- Managing communications in a growing organization.
- Maintaining the initial culture of the founding team
- How to lead a fast growing team
Bringing you the best so you can be the best.