Actions and Detail Panel
Workshop: Same-Sex Relationship Abuse 101, Hollywood Session
Thu, May 4, 2017, 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM PDT
Jessica Yaffa, LLC is excited to announce our next lunch and learn - Same-Sex Relationship Abuse 101 where we will discuss the intricacies of abuse in same-sex intimate relationships.
While relationship abuse is recognized as a growing epidemic there is very little taught about how and why relationship abuse can look different in gay, lesbian and transgender relationships, and the challenges unique to the LGBTQ community.
Whether you are an interested community member, concerned loved one, or professional seeking additional education and resources, we encourage you to take advantage of this informative workshop and minimize the risk of missing the unique signs of relationship abuse in same-sex couples.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn how to define the complexities of relationship abuse
- Learn how to identify relationship violence in the context of same-sex relationships
- Learn how to create safe spaces for assessment and dialogue
- Examine the role that societal stigma plays in same-sex relationship violence
- Learn more about how to engage with clients/community members from a place of cultural humility