On Saturday we'll cover Full Stack basics including:
• Introduce HTML templating concepts
• Show how HTML templates and API services work together for responsive dynamic content
• Introduce basic Node.JS flow control using callbacks
• Introduce Express.JS as our middleware framework
• Introduce Mongo in the cloud as our database
• Build a simple REST service using Express.JS & MongoDB
• Wrap up with a working example of a 100% custom full stack application
On Sunday we'll cover advanced Full Stack concepts such as:
• Intro to React.JS
• Advanced Node.JS flow control using Promises and Generators
• Scalable deployments on AWS
The workshop is two days, Saturday March 6th from 10am-4pm & Sunday March 7th from 10am-4pm.
Attendees should bring laptops with Node.JS and GIT installed, and be familiar with the concepts covered in this GitHub repo:
SPECIAL THANKS to Vitamin T and BLANKSPACES for their sponsorship of the event!
Photos from our previous workshops and events!