Do you want to start creating in Adobe Illustrator or InDesign, but don't know where to start? These two powerful programs can be intimidating at first, so join us for a 3-hour workshop to demystify them so you can get started making content for your job, volunteer organization, or even your own personal benefit.
This small, hands-on workshop will be limited to 12 people, so you will receive personalized attention from the instructor as you go. Some of the topics covered:
- Introduction to the program interface
- Familiarization with the most important tools
- Working with "building block" shapes to create more complex forms
- Working with layers
- Keyboard commands to improve your workflow
- Hand-on exercises so you can learn by DOING!
Note: In order to attend this class, you must bring a laptop with both Illustrator and InDesign. If you do not have a Creative Cloud subscription, you may sign up for a free 7-day trial before the class. Additionally, Adobe has made a legacy copy of CS2 available for download on their website. This is a much older version of the software and is quite difficult to install, but it has all the basic functionalities that will be covered in the course.