Actions and Detail Panel
Workshop: Building a Metrics Driven Organization
Wed, June 7, 2017, 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM BST
IT organizations adopting DevOps principles and practices are seeing payoffs in terms of higher quality, better reliability, faster delivery, and reduced costs. Leaders wanting to achieve these results will need to understand how to build a transparent, aligned metrics-driven organization in order to successfully navigate their improvement journey.
Jez and Nicole will discuss important concepts in measurement as well as known predictors of success that any team can use, and the management practices that enable them to be applied successfully.
This workshop is highly participatory, with activities that include:
- A discussion of how metrics play a central role in driving both culture engineering practices, with real-world examples
- Team exercises in developing metrics to support improvement work
- Common challenges surrounding collecting and analyzing metrics, and how to overcome them
By the end of the day, you will understand:
- How to facilitate gathering metrics, which metrics to focus on, and how to make the current status of those metrics transparent
- How to drive problem-solving throughout your organization
- How to build a culture of high performance in your organization