With workplace violence attacks becoming more prevalent in the US, organizations need to be prepared for worst-case scenarios.
This year, the nation’s leading workplace violence prevention conference features an all-new agenda outlining tactical strategies for reducing the risk of security breaches, workplace violence, and legal liabilities under OSHA’s general duty clause and other laws. Designed for safety managers and HR professionals, this immersive 1.5-day conference features powerful keynotes, substantive breakout sessions, and skills-building workshops.
The 2017 Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium offers 1.5 days of guidance on:
- Real-life examples illustrating employers' duties under OSHA's general duty clause
- How to legally use integrity and personality tests to screen new hires
- Evaluating and minimizing security risks in your workplace--across all work sites
- Essential policy, recordkeeping, and response strategies for drafting comprehensive workplace violence prevention plans
- De-escalation techniques to minimize violent outbursts
- Potential legal obligations under ADA, FMLA, and other laws concerning mental health issues
- Strategies for minimizing risks of workplace violence related to intimate partner violence
- Active shooter table-top exercises