Working for Taiwan and Human Rights 維護人權 ! 講出台灣
Saturday, March 10, 2012 from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
Making a difference for Taiwan in Canada: A learning experience for Taiwanese-Canadians (and friends)
The workshop, "Working for Taiwan and Human Rights", will take place from 10:30 -17:00 and feature guest speakers and sessions aimed to:
- learn what is “human rights” and why we should care
- introduce current human rights issues in Canada and Taiwan
- develop skills to promote human rights in the community
- learn how to lobby governments and visit members of Parliament
Saturday, March 10, 2012
10:30 to 17:00
53 Cummer Avenue
North York, TORONTO L6K, 3Y8
1. For the full-day English workshop will be $10 (lunch included). This will be applied as a discount for the ticket to the annual meeting dinner if you attend.
2. The annual meeting and dinner will start at 17:15. Tickets are $40 for adults and $25 for students. The ticket will include your THRAC membership for the coming year.
3. The annual Toronto Taiwanese Community "228" Commemoration Ceremony starts at 19:00. This event is free.
**Please reserve seats online. Payments are collected at the door.
For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Taiwan Human Rights Association of Canada 加拿大台灣人權協會
The precursor of the Taiwanese Human Rights Association of Canada was the Committee of Human Rights in Formosa (加拿大台灣人權委員會), founded in 1964 by exiles barred from returning to their homeland. Today, THRAC continues its work for human rights in Taiwan, China, and Canada.