Working Effectively With Boards
The Chicago CFO Leadership Council
Thursday, June 8, 2017 @ 7:30 a.m.
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. - Breakfast and Networking
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - Program
The scope of responsibility of today’s CFOs has increased significantly in scale and importance. This change is requiring CFOs to work at an increased level with Boards. For CFOs to succeed, developing and applying effective board-level skills has become a critical imperative.
Join in a panel discussion with CFOs and other advisors who will share their perspectives in how to enhance one’s skills to work effectively with boards. In addition, the panel members will share strategies and approaches they have applied in working with Boards.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Strategies and approaches for developing relationships with board members
- How to understanding what board members really want.
- Knowing what they don’t want.
- Approaches for ‘influencing” when one does not have ‘authority’.
- Approaches for developing a “read’ of personality styles, understanding communication styles and adapting communications to the personalities of board members.
- Knowing when to go to the board and approaches to apply.
To register for this program, simply click on the tickets button above. All CFO Leadership Council members can attend this event for free. Non-member senior financial executives who are CFOs, Vice Presidents of Finance, Directors of Finance and Controllers (or the like) are welcome to attend this program for $50.
Please note that service providers or any executives who are not senior financial executives (CFOs, Vice Presidents of Finance, Controllers, Directors of Finance, etc.) will not be admitted attendance to this event. The CFO Leadership Council reserves the right to decline any registration.
More Information & Refunds:
For more information about this program or The CFO Leadership Council, please contact Emily Smith, Chicago Marketing Director, at email@example.com.
If you would like to cancel your ticket or request a refund, please contact Emily Smith, Chicago Marketing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds are available up to 24 hours prior to the program.