San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Just wanted to notify everyone that we will be in the space on Thursday (02/21) starting at 6:00pm for an official work meet up. We will be doing a number of things, including but not limited to:
- Workbenches - Finishing what we've started in the workbenches. We have made some good progress, and we probably have enough now to start. We may build a few more, but our focus will be on finishing and placing what we have.
- Organizing - Begin moving stuff into place, and organizing the space.
- Floor Cleanup - Our floor needs some work. Before we put floor tape down we need to clean it. Hopefully we will have what we need to get a crew cleaning it.
- Computing & Security - Setting up workstations, setting up camera system.
- Discuss Fundraising - We will be working on a number of fundraising options in the next month or two. We may spend some time organizing those efforts.
- General Cleanup & Hanging Out - Anything else that comes up or needs to be done, we will try to get to. Also will use the time to simply hang out.
Although this is a work night, please feel free to stop by, see the space, and meet us.
If you are interested in becoming a member, an active participant in our group, or want to donate to our efforts please stop by and see us or contact us.
Look forward to seeing you all there!
When & Where
The Rochester Makerspace is a nonprofit community workshop and art studio located near downtown at 850 St. Paul Street. We're here to encourage learning, creativity and collaboration by providing low-cost and free access to sophisticated tools, offering a wide variety of classes, and by providing opportunities for “makers,” artists and craftspersons of all kinds to meet and interact with each other.
In addition to the classes and events listed on this page we also invite to attend the following activities, which do not require registration or a ticket:
Every Thursday Night from 6 to 9:30 PM and Saturday Afternoon from 11am to 3pm- Weekly Community Open House.
You are invited to come and use the Rochester Makerspace for free. Bring something to make or work on, help with a group project, or just come to meet other "makers" and see what we have to offer. (Sorry, but nonmembers can not use our wood or machine shops because of insurance issues.)
Every Thursday Night from 6:30 until 9:00 PM - Rochester Stained Glass Meetup
Learn how to work with stained glass or bring a project to work on if you already know how. We have lots of tools and grinders and enough supplies to teach you the basics. We also usually have an instructor. Free.
Every Thursday Night from 7 until 9:30 PM - Microcontrollers & Robotics Meetup
Work on your Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone projects with other users of these small inexpensive computers. All skills level are welcome and you don't need to be a member. We'll help you by sharing our knowledge and experience.
A family membership currently costs $40 per month and it gives you access to these tools and other tools every day from 8 AM to 10 PM.
A woodworking shop with a new SawStop professional cabinet table saw, a new Rikon Deluxe 14-inch bandsaw, a Jet 6-inch planer, a Grizzly 15-inch thickness planer, a chop saw, a drill press, two scroll saws, a central dust collection system, and an air filtration unit.
Lutzbot Mini and Two Solidoodle 3D printers
An electronics bench with oscilloscopes, power supplies, soldering irons, and more.
A Computer Lab
Arduino and Robotics workstation
Stained glass grinders and tools
Workspace and work tables