San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Work at Height and Ladders
Awareness Training Course
For Nottingham & Derby
Monday 20th November
Duration 3.5 hours
Delivered by qualified (NEBOSH L6 Diploma) Trainer (City & Guilds)
Training Workshop Aims
To gain awareness and knowledge in order to help us to,
- Sufficiently contribute to a great work at height culture
- Confidently contribute to improved safety whilst working at height
- Attain Pass/Merit/Distinction certification
To have a knowledge of;
- Health and safety at height legislation and background
- Our responsibilities under legislation
- The choices we have in staying safe
To have answers to all of these questions;
- What is work at height and safe ladder use?
- Why do we need this training?
- What does Work at height risk assessment include?
- How do I avoid unsafe practice?
To test what we have learned;
- Engage, contribute and complete exercises during the learning
- Complete a multiple choice measurement of the days learning.
Learning by delivery of
Tutor information, group activity and discussion, visual aids, dvd, powerpoint and workbook
- Moral, legal and financial consequences
- Bad practices! And risk perception.
- Defining work at height
- Work at height regulations 2005
- The health and safety at work etc. act 1974
- Near miss reporting
- The hierarchy of risk control for work at height
- Avoid, Prevent, Minimise
- Collective measures & PPE
- Work equipment
- Ladder safety and inspection
- What next?
- Training workbook
- PowerPoint notes
- Certification (Attended, Passed, Merit or Distinction)
Save This Event
When & Where
Aspire Safety and Health
Experianced and Qualified Trainer
C&G PTTLS Qualified
NEBOSH L6 Qualified
Members of IIRSM . The International Institute of Risk and Safety Management