WordPress SEO Kickstart! Learn the basics of search strategy.
Monday, June 24, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (CDT)
Learn the fundamentals of search engine strategy and how to optimize your WordPress website/blog with this comprehensive SEO Kickstart class by chicagowptraining.com!
This hands-on class is geared towards those whom already have an existing WordPress website and are looking to optimize their site with search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
-- This class is for Self-Hosted WordPress Users (WordPress.org) --
The instructor, Scott Winterroth, will cover a lot of search engine strategy in a little bit of time so be prepared to consume a lot of valuable stuff for getting your site indexed. Here’s a sample of some of the topics we’ll try to cover:
- Getting your sites into Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Optimize your site’s posts and pages
- Intro Google Analytics, setting up your tracking code.
- Overview of the many WordPress SEO plugins
- Build a xml sitemap
- How “hide” a page from search engines
- Google+ Authorship Listings and other rich snippets
- Tactical - and practical - strategy to get your site to rank well in search engines and what avoid so you don’t get deindexed.
- And many more other cool online tools to check and manage your website’s SEO.
Instructor: Scott Winterroth, Digital Marketer
Scott provides a no-bs approach to building, maintaining and growing your WordPress powered website. Since 2008, he has personally managed, designed and maintained several WordPress-driven websites for a range of clients and for Front & Social Media, a Chicago-based blog publishing network. Scott is the founder of the WordPress Bloggers Meetup and authors a blog on seo at SEOforPR.com.
Scott’s WordPress Expertise:
- Actively developed blogsites with WordPress since 2008
- Manages a blog network built on WordPress sites
- Provides clients with WordPress publishing strategy
- Can provide educated, real-life examples of what works, what doesn’t and what to avoid.
- Corporate Blogger with experience as a trainer and public speaker
What to Bring:
- A laptop computer with power cord (Ethernet port recommended)
- Google Chrome web browser installed on your computer (Mac & PC)
- Notepad and pen
- The willingness to learn a lot of information in a little bit of time.
- Only 4 students, max!
- Discounted parking rate available.
When & Where
Front & Social
Front & Social Chicago is a creative public relations agency specializing in content creation, blogging and digital marketing especially for startups and digital properties. For more information, please visit our website at frontandsocial.com.