WordPress JumpStart Workshop [Beginner]
A career building workshop aimed at beginners who wish to build their first website/blog for both personal and business uses.
WordPress Instructor: Scott Winterroth, Digital Marketer
Details: If you’re looking to enhance your online presence, either for yourself or for your business, our WordPress Jumpstart Workshop is perfect for you . This session teaches the very basics of getting your self-hosted WordPress website and blog up-and-running on the internet using your own .com domain name and hosting account. The instructor, Scott Winterroth, will walk you through, step-by-step, the actions you need to take. You will walk away from this class with a fully working, professionally installed, WordPress website ready to use and confidence in managing your own site.
- Purchasing a .com domain name
- Configuring your FTP and Hosting Options
- Understanding WordPress Open Source
- WP Install Walkthrough
- Learn the WordPress Language
- Creating Posts and Pages
- Integrating with social media
- Getting your site into search engines
- Understanding images and your website
- Setting up Google Analytics
- WordPress Entrepreneurship
- Recommended plugins and theme sources
You may wish to purchase a domain name or hosting – in preparation of this workshop – for more information on this please visit our “before you begin
Snacks and cold refreshments included, feel free to bring a bag lunch if you desire.
- A laptop capable of getting on the internet (Ethernet Connection Recommended)
- A new domain name
- Business cards to pass
- A desire to learn a lot of information
Have questions about WordPress JumpStart! Build a Website/Blog Class?
Contact Front & Social