If you haven't signed up and are in the area, walk-up donation rate is $12.00 person. Cash Only.
Hey (Word)Campers! This nifty little charity event will be taking place the day after
our WordCamp SF event. If you didn't make it out for WordCamp SF,
you're still more than welcome to join us! An afternoon of teamwork, fun,
competing for prizes and giving to a good cause: 826 Valencia!
826 Valencia is a San Francisco non-profit dedicated to helping students develop their writing skills. They also have a really sweet pirate store and workshop space at -- you guessed it -- 826 Valencia St.
The WordPress Charity
Scavenger Hunt will have teams of four running amok in San Francisco
for two hours, unravelling clues, finding weird stuff and completing
tasks for points. The winning team with the most points will get the
grand prize: lots of WordPress schwag, plus special surprises!
- The team registration fee is $40 USD ($10 per team member).
- Corporate registration is $50 USD per team, plus an additional matching donation of 10% of the total proceeds from registered teams
- All proceeds will go to 826 Valencia, a local non-profit that helps kids refine their reading and writing skills. They also have a cool pirate store! Check it out: http://www.826valencia.org/
- Check-in time is 1:00pm
- Start time is 2:00pm
- End time is 4:00pm
- Winning Team Announced: 5:00pm (Time will be allotted when teams come back to tally up scores)
A few other details:
- Camera phones or digital cameras with wifi-enabled cards are needed to collect and upload evidence (via email) to Flickr. A MUST!
- Teams are highly encouraged to have some form of transportation (car, bike, scooter, Segway, horse, etc...) due to the time restraint. But being on foot would be fun, too!
- There's a strict time limit of 2 hours.
- Points per task vary by difficulty.
Follow along with the hijinks:
- Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/WPScavengerHunt
(Send a Direct Message to us and your message will broadcast to all those following WPScavengerHunt
- Check out the incoming entries on our Flickr stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wpscavengerhunt/