Come Join Us – The Colony Animal Services Remodeling Day
You can help in more ways than by adopting an animal. We are looking for friendly volunteers who would like to help us remodel The Colony Animal Services Shelter.
Please sign up for either shift or both! Goals to accomplish for Saturday:
First Shift (9am-12pm)
- Pick Up/Delivery: Some donations will need to be picked up from Woot office and delivered to the shelter
- Soundproofing Walls: soundproofing the walls around the dog area
- Mural Painting: Painting a mural on one wall
- Dog Area: Deep cleaning, replacing kennels, and painting
- Fencing: Putting up a fence
- Trash Removal: Collecting and hauling off collected trash to the local dump
Lunch will be provided from 12pm-1pm
Group Photo at 12:30pm
Second Shift (1pm-5pm)
- Volunteer Break room Area: Cleaning, reorganizing, refinishing table
- Cat Area: sanding down and painting
- Dog Area: Painting dog paw prints on the floor outlining the kennels
- Clean Up: Collecting and hauling off collected trash to the local dump
*** All volunteers are suggested to wear work gloves and asked to wear clothes they do not mind getting dirty, as they may be painting, working with dirty items, etc. Also, please wear long pants and close toed shoes (no sandals or flip flops).
*** Shirts will be provided for volunteers by the Shirt.Woot team!
Volunteers make everything we do possible. Let us know your interests and availability. Please email Shadha Rashed at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to donate any items, please email Stefanie at email@example.com