San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Wonder Workshop Junior
STEM workshops for children
ages 5 – 9 and a parent
Whoever said, “science, technology, engineering, and math can’t be fun”, never played with robots. At STAX Education, we are “programmed” for fun and your family can be too! Do you think your child is too young for robot building, programming, 3D printing, or engineering classes? Do you have a son or daughter that loves to build, design, and to learn how things work? Not an expert in STEM or robotics? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Through the Wonder Workshop series, we are preparing our children for the future, today.
It’s a STEM world after all! Let’s explore it together. By working closely with younger innovators and their parent’s children the STAX Education has created a series of workshop to engage children and adults. This parent/child experience is designed to give our youngest learners an introduction to the magical world of STEM through age-appropriate activities including engineering, programing, technology, and of course, robotics. In this collaborative experience, exploration is taken to another level. Young learners are challenged to use critical thinking skills and creativity to overcome simple STEM related challenges. As part of every class each child will be given their own kit and resources to continue the learning at home.
- Start building a problem solving and collaboration foundation early
- Learn the basics of Robotics, Engineering, and Programing
- Explore various engineering and robotics concepts through Hands-On Projects
- Develop cognitive, fine motor, language, math, and communication skills
- Use basic engineering tools and building principles
- The principles of motion, form and function, cause and effect
- Practice the following skills
- Measurement, including how to use a ruler
- Following directions and reading diagrams
- Basis mathematics
- Sequencing and ordering of objects
- Basic engineering tools and building
- Engineering Design Process
- and more!!!
- Work on coordination and visual dexterity
- Have an opportunity for sharing, teamwork, planning, and problem solving.
Each month there will be a different themed workshop and children will leave with supplies or a kit to continue the learning and fun at home.
The engaging and fun Wonder Workshops are intended to be enjoyed by a parent and their child. Parents who want to learn how to provide more robotics related experiences for children and who want to learn with their children would a perfect fit for this course.
Children can build their first robot with the help of a parent. You will be able to build, decorate, and test (and keep) your own robot. You chose from the Smart Robot, Brush Robot, or the Tin Can Robot when you register. They will also be able to explore other age appropriate robotics experiences.
Engineering for Kids
February 25th, April 22nd, or June 24th
For all Parent/Child classes, only registered participant and parent are allowed in the classroom. Siblings, including infants, unless registered, are not allowed in classroom. Parents do not need to register but will be required to sign a waiver of liability on the first day of the session.
Class length: 1.5 hr.
Class Cost: $40 per child (parent attends for free).
Age Range: 5 - 10 and a parent