WOMENSPHERE GLOBAL SUMMIT & AWARDS 2012: CREATING THE FUTURE. TRANSFORMING THE WORLD. Leadership. Innovation. Economics. Ventures. Sustainability.
Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 8:00 AM - Friday, September 28, 2012 at 6:30 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
The 5th Annual Womensphere Global Summit & Awards 2012 on Creating the Future is a unique venue where global leaders, industry leaders, organization leaders, academic leaders, and women leaders from all sectors will convene to discuss and connect on important global issues, share innovations, exchange best practice models, and collaborate on actions - around advancing women's leadership, innovation for social good, venture creation in America and around the world, sustainability in corporations and society, creating social impact, and solving the most pressing issues in America and around the world.
Through keynotes, roundtables, case study presentations, and group discussion, the Womensphere Global Summit & Awards 2012 will bring together a powerful community and creates a dynamic forum for sharing best practices, success models, and opportunities for collaboration on some of the most pressing issues in America and around the world. The Summit offers rich networking and connections among women leaders, innovators, and heads of organizations.
Speakers at the Womensphere Global Summit are distinguished leaders, CEOs, and executives of innovative companies, institutions, organizations, new ventures, and social enterprises, from throughout the world.
(To view last year's Summit website, visit http://www.womensphereglobalsummit.com)
DAY 1 - THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2012 - 9:00AM - 9:30PM - Columbia University
The first day of the Womensphere Global Summit & Awards 2012 will offer:
- Keynotes, case studies & roundtables on women's leadership, global issues, corporate social responsibility, education, innovation for social good, and public policy
- Awards will be shared with extraordinary global leaders
- Networking Dinner with Speakers, Heads of States, and First Ladies in town for UN Week
DAY 2 - FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2012 - 8:00AM - 6:30PM - Corporate Location TBA
- Keynotes, case studies & roundtables on women's leadership, diversity, innovations transforming the future, new models for business, and entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship in America and globally
- Awards will be shared with extraordinary global leaders
- Breakfast, Lunch & Cocktail Networking with Speakers, Heads of States, and First Ladies
PARTICIPANTS: WHO ARE ATTENDING
Womensphere invites both women and men who are actively involved in shaping their institutions and the world.
The 5th Annual Womensphere Global Summit & Awards will convene influential women leaders, innovators, entrepreneurs, and social innovators across industries, from leading companies, organizations, institutions, and new ventures. First Ladies and Heads of States in New York City during UN Week are also invited to attend and participate.
Participation is primarily by invitation.
In addition, we also enable a limited number of places for open registration through this page.
Invited parties include a select group of women leaders, CEOs, executives, innovators, organization leaders, and business owners. Invitations are also extended for delegations from a select group of women’s networks, corporate networks, alumni networks, and entrepreneurial/innovation networks.
Invitations are extended primarily to:
- Heads of States (President, Prime Ministers, Department Ministers) and First Ladies
- Chief Diversity Officers, Chief Marketing Officers, and C-level executives
- Executives and senior managers at leading corporations
- CEOs and founders of entrepreneurial ventures and social enterprises
- Organization heads, division heads, and unit heads
- Academic leaders
- Innovators, inventors, and scientists
- NGO leaders
- Public policy leaders
- Leaders of women's organizations and women's networks
- Venture capitalists, private equity investors, and angel investors
- Partners at professional services and financial services firms
2011 GLOBAL AWARD WINNERS
Last year, we honored over a dozen extraordinary women leaders who have blazed trails and created world-changing impact in their fields and industries, including:
ANNA EWING - CIO and global chief technology architect, NASDAQ
DR. BEVERLY TATUM - President, Spelman College
CHERIE BLAIR - Founder & Chairman, Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
CHRIS GRUMM - CEO, Women's Funding Network
DR. JILL TARTER - Bernard Oliver Chair for SETI Research (Search for Extraterrestial Intelligence)
LINDA CURETON - CIO, NASA
LYNN TILTON - CEO, Patriarch Partners
MARISSA MAYER - Vice President, Product Management, GOOGLE
DR. MARSHA FIRESTONE - President & Founder, Women Presidents Organization (WPO)
WOMENSPHERE AGENDA: WHAT WILL BE DISCUSSED
Key topics that will be discussed and explored at the Womensphere Global Summit will include:
· The future of women’s leadership in the fast-changing global environment
· Women’s power and influence – strategic leadership, management development, network-building
· Leadership and strategy amidst change, complexity and uncertainty
· Innovations in science, technology, media, and impact on the advancement of women
· Driving innovation within corporations and new ventures
· Building successful entrepreneurial ventures
· Private equity, venture capital, and investment in women-led ventures and enterprises
· Innovative models in education and education infrastructure - real and digital- in the US and internationally
· Educating women and girls worldwide: Challenges and opportunities
· Effective models and case studies for mentorship
ECONOMICS & BUSINESS
· Globalization, new business, and economic opportunity creation internationally
· Creating economic growth and transformation around the world
· Investment in Europe – challenges and opportunities
SUSTAINABILITY & SOCIAL INNOVATION
· Environment, global health, poverty, peace – innovative solutions to global issues
· Models for sustainability and social impact within corporations and new ventures
· Empowering women and girls globally – models for impact and transformation
For more information, please visit these sites:
Womensphere Summits 2011: http://www.womensphereglobalsummit.com
For cancellations 60 days (or more) before the event date, we offer a 100% refund.
For cancellations 31-59 days before the event date, we offer a 50% refund.
For cancellations 30 days or less before the event date, we do not offer any refund.
Refunds are made 30 days after the Summit date.
Registraton is transferable.
If you have any questions regarding our refund policy, kindly email Marie-Claude at claude[at]womensphere.com.
When & Where
Womensphere is a unique global leadership community comprised of over 11,000 leaders, CEOs, and rising managers across the fields of business, finance, entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, public policy, media, science, and technology.
Womensphere is a social enterprise dedicated to unlocking women’s true potential in the world and creating a brilliant future in partnership and collaboration with outstanding institutions and individuals committed to advancing women's leadership.
Empowering and connecting the world’s women to unleash potential, create opportunities, and inspire impact.
Bringing together leaders – women, men, organizations – to collaborate on innovations and solutions to some of the most important issues of our time.
Womensphere creates community and educational experiences that inspire and empower women, and to connect and enable women leaders who are creating waves of change in all fields of great endeavor.
To subscribe to Womensphere, please email your full name, company or organization, and position/title to email@example.com.
Academy of CEOs: