Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit 2012: Creating the Future - The Next Generation of Women Leaders Transforming the World
Thursday, January 19, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM (EST)
WOMENSPHERE EMERGING LEADERS GLOBAL SUMMIT 2012:
CREATING THE FUTURE
LEADERSHIP. INNOVATION. VENTURES. ECONOMY. SUSTAINABILITY.
On January 19-20, 2012, in New York City, the 3rd Annual Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit will convene and create community among emerging women leaders from the top companies and organizations, from leading graduate programs (MBA, MPA, Law, Engineering/Sciences, Medicine, Environment, and more), and from the top undergraduate colleges, as well as young women entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs, in the United States and around the world.
Through the Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit, we aim to unleash the potential of emerging women leaders, and to create opportunities for more effective leadership, more successful careers, and accelerated impact on the world.
We aim to inspire, empower, connect, and educate the next generation of women leaders on creating a better future through organizational leadership, venture creation, social entrepreneurship, public policy, scientific and technological innovations, and novel frameworks for problem-solving.
Through the 3rd Annual Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit, participants will benefit from content, community, and connections that offer:
- Inspiration from leaders across a variety of fields and disciplines
- Leadership development
- Professional development
- Mentoring & networking
- Strategic insight & education
- Career exploration & immersion opportunities
- Recruiting opportunities for jobs and internships
- Impact opportunities for local and global community
To enable career success, the Summit will feature a Career Fair for all participants, and a Career Immersion & Exploration experience at host companies and institutions. To enable and accelerate participants' impact on local and global communities, the Summit will feature connections and Working Circles with leading NGOs, government institutions, and social enterprises.
We also aim to create a platform to enable the voices of emerging women leaders to be heard on the global and national stage. One key goal of the Summit is for global leaders, heads of state, multinational companies, and the media - to be inspired and informed by the perspectives and voices of the next generation of women leaders from around the world, as we discuss and share solutions to global issues that affect all of humanity.
Womensphere will create a unique platform where emerging women leaders can discuss and exchange ideas and propose solutions on critical global and national issues – and through this platform, share these ideas and solutions with the global leaders convening at the World Economic Forum on the week after the Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit, as well as with other global leaders and the media.
Participants will leave the Summit enriched by an inspiring and energizing experience, by invaluable connections with leaders from many institutions, by access to mentors and career opportunities, by a priceless network of peer emerging leaders, as well as many opportunities for continued leadership and involvement.
The Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit will feature over 50 distinguished speakers who are extraordinary industry leaders, organization leaders, and thought leaders who have demonstrated significant impact in their industry, field or discipline.
CREATING THE FUTURE – THE CHALLENGES WE FACE, THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR CHANGE
· Michele Wucker – President, World Policy Institute
· Phillip Scanlan– Consul General, Australian Consulate General of New York; Founder, Australian American Leadership Dialogue
· Carmen Niethammer- Senior Program Manager, Women in Business, IFC (World Bank Group)
· Dr. Jane Carter Ingram- Lead, Ecosystem Services, Wildlife Conservation Society
· Lena Alhusseini– Executive Director, Arab-American Family Support Center – Womensphere Global Award
ON EMERGING AS A LEADER: NAVIGATING THE LEADERSHIP JOURNEY
· Angela Leaney– EVP, Brand Marketing, Harlem Globetrotters
· Lisa Shalett– Partner, Head of Brand Marketing & Digital Strategy, Goldman Sachs
· Susan Tardanico- CEO, Authentic Leadership Alliance
· Madeline Nelson- SVP and Head of Talent & Label Relations, SONY Music
ON EMERGING AS AN INNOVATOR: LEADING & NAVIGATING THE INNOVATION PROCESS
· Anna Ewing– Chief Information Officer, NASDAQ OMX - Womensphere Award for Innovation
· Virginia Ruesterholz– Executive Vice President, Verizon Communications - Womensphere Award for Innovation
· Dr. Keren Bergman- Director, Lightwave Research Laboratory; Chair, Electrical Engineering Department, Columbia University
CREATING THE FUTURE - LEADERSHIP AS UNITY: ONE MIND. ONE BODY. ONE LIFE.
· Violet Zaki- Adidas Global Fitness Ambassador ; Founder, Zaki Fitness
CREATING THE FUTURE - INNOVATION & ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
· Irene Maxwell - Xerox Innovation Centre, Xerox Europe
· Lynn Edmark– Chief Program Officer, Cloud Vantage, Microsoft
· Rebecca Caruso- EVP, Corporate Communications, L'Oreal USA
CREATING THE FUTURE - ENTREPRENEURIAL LEADERSHIP AMIDST UNCERTAINTY & GLOBAL CHANGE
· Astrid Amaya– Founder, Artist of the Americas
· Jacqueline Wales- CEO, The Fearless Factor
· Janet Hanson– CEO & Founder, 85 Broads
· Sarah Canzano– President, IC Solutions
CREATING THE FUTURE - HOW MEDIA & BRANDS ARE CHANGING THE WORLD
· Alana Elias Kornfeld– Editor in Chief, Healthy Living, Huffington Post
· Alicia Stewart- Senior Producer & Editor, In America / Engage, CNN
· Jessica Hunt– General Manager, GPlus.com; Senior Vice President, Gerson Lehrman Group
CREATING THE FUTURE - CAPITAL MARKETS, FINANCING & ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION
· Carmen Niethammer- Senior Program Manager, Women in Business, IFC (World Bank Group)
· Other speakers from 3 financial services companies (JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley)
CREATING THE FUTURE - SOCIAL INNOVATION & NEW MODELS FOR TRANSFORMING THE WORLD
Launch of Womensphere Impact Campaign
· Ayesha Vera-Yu– CEO & Founder, Advancement for Rural Kids (ARK)
· Evie Evangelou– Co-Founder, Fashion4Development
· Elaine Martyn/Violeta Krasnic– Global Fund for Women
· Sophie Honik/Karen Warner - Global Health Corps
· Benjamin Stone– CEO, Indego Africa
· Michele Bertran - Omega Institute
· Karen Harper (NASA), Leanne Sajor(Innovation High School, Bronx) – Pearls of Wisdom-STEM Mentoring
· William Goodloe - President, Sponsors for Educational Opportunity
· Cheryl Benton- President, UN WOMEN Metro New York
· Elaine Barsoom – Co-Founder, Windows for Widows
CREATING THE FUTURE - LEADERSHIP IN TRANSFORMING OUR LIVES & IN THE WORLD
· Dr. Joanna Rubinstein – Director, Center for Global Health & Economic Development; Chief of Staff; Earth Institute, Columbia University - Womensphere Global Award
· Katherine Chon– President & Co-Founder, Polaris Project – Womensphere Award for Social Entrepreneurship
· Francine Delgado- Senior Vice President, Business Development & Strategic Initiatives, Seedco
· Dr. Heather Berlin- Cognitive Neuroscientist, Mount Sinai Medical Center
· Toshi Reagon– Award-winning Music Artist – Womensphere Award for Creative Vision
· Monica Mandelli- Head of Strategic Relationship Management, Investment Banking Division; Co-Head of Firmwide Women’s Network, Goldman Sachs
· Analisa Leonor Balares– Summit Convenor & CEO, Womensphere
CROSS-INDUSTRY CAREER FAIR
SOCIAL IMPACT & NON-PROFITS FAIR
CLOSING NETWORKING RECEPTION @ SAATCHI & SAATCHI
· Marnie Kane Cacossa– Chief Marketing Officer, Saatchi & Saatchi
The Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit invite five types of participants to join the Summit:
Women professionals in companies and organizations - who are a few years out of graduate school or a few years out of college
Women in graduate school – across all fields and disciplines (MBA, Engineering, Pure and Applied Sciences, Environment, MPA, Law, Medicine, and more)
Women in college and undergraduate programs – across all majors and disciplines
Women entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs – who are a few years out of graduate school or a few years out of college, and who are starting or are currently leading new businesses, non-profits, or social enterprises
Men and women managers, recruiters, and executives - who are interested in mentoring the next generation of women leaders
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
The Summit covers themes and topics relevant to women's leadership and innovation success in the ever-changing global environment of the 21st century. Participants gain many benefits towards leadership development, innovative thinking, professional development, as well as career exploration. Participants develop connections with industry leaders, thought leaders, and peer leaders, as well as have the opportunity to network and meet potential mentors, employers, and investors.
- Gain confidence, courage and inspiration from the stories of successful women leaders who have blazed trails to overcome challenges.
- Develop new approaches to leadership and management in uncertain times.
- Learn from successful global leaders and innovation leaders through case studies and discussion.
- Develop strategies for progressing in your leadership journey.
- Gain confidence, courage and inspiration from the stories of successful women innovators who are leading groundbreaking work in technology, science, medicine, business, and entrepreneurship.
- Learn from successful and groundbreaking innovation leaders through case studies on driving innovation, taking innovations to market, and innovative thinking.
- Develop strategies for progressing in your journey as an innovative leader.
NETWORKS, MENTORS & CONNECTIONS
- Build connections and relationships with successful and influential global leaders across industries.
- Develop connections with industry leaders, thought leaders, participating faculty from leading academic institutions, and executives and professionals from over 50 companies and institutions.
- Connect with potential mentors across many fields.
CAREER EXPLORATION & IMMERSION
- Connect with executives, professionals and recruiters from across a diverse set of companies, organizations, and industries.
- Expand your opportunities for your job search or internship search by meeting with new companies and organizations.
- Gain more insight into industries or companies you are interested in by participation in the Career Immersion.
- Refine your job search or internship search strategy by learning best practices from experts.
- Explore different career paths and trajectories by learning from successful leaders and professionals.
STRATEGIC INSIGHT & EDUCATION
- Acquire greater understanding of important global trends, and industry insights into changes in the business environment.
- Refine key skills and develop stronger capacity for strategic decision-making and innovation strategy.
- Learn and refine business judgment through case studies from industry leaders.
- Acquire new frameworks and innovative models for problem-solving.
- Understand strategies that incorporate sustainability and social impact within business.
The purpose of the Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit 2012 are - to unleash the potential of emerging women leaders, and to create opportunities for more effective leadership, careers, and impact.
To this end, the Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit 2012 has the following objectives:
· To inspire and expose emerging women leaders to ground-breaking leaders in society, across major disciplines and industries, who can serve as role models and mentors.
· To connect participants with career opportunities and leadership opportunities across major disciplines, industries, and areas of impact.
· To educate participants with insight and intelligence about the current US and global environment including major trends and projections in:
o Global and US economic environment
o Global and US industry growth and industry dynamics
o Global and US competitiveness of companies across multiple dimensions
o Global and US career opportunities and trends in the movement of labor and talent
· To create a powerful platform for industry leaders and thought leaders to share best practices and success models with emerging women leaders along the following dimensions:
o Leadership and management
o Professional development
o Career exploration
o Entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship