Women face a variety of different potential attacks from sexual harassment, sexual assault, rape, domestic violence, muggings to physical assault.
Lecture topics include:
- Fears, myths, and realities of physical assaults
- Attackers and their patterns
- Situational awareness
- Using your body’s natural weapons
Self-defense techniques covered include:
- Escapes from bear hugs
- Soft & hard escapes from wrist grabs
- Escapes from chokes
- Defenses against knife threats
What to expect:
- 30-45 minutes of discussion
- 2.5 hours of hands on learning of practical self-defense techniques
Appropriate attire is: active wear and tennis shoes or business casual with flat, non-slip shoes; please note that we will be practicing techniques, so your clothes must allow for a wide range of motion.
Open to girls and women ages 13 and older.
Attendance is free, but space is limited (seriously, no gimmick), so pre-register for a guaranteed spot.
According to the CDC, about 19.3% of women have been raped at least once in their lives. Additionally, an estimated 43.9% of women experienced other forms of sexual violence during their lives. And 15.2% of women have been a victim of stalking.