Safety is defined as freedom from danger, risk or injury. Women who have been victimized often state that the loss of this sense of security is the hardest thing for them to overcome. No one deserves to walk through life in fear of being safe.
- 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime
- 1 in 3 women experience domestic violence from their partners
- A violent crime occurs every 26 seconds
- College age women are 4 times more likely to be victims of an assault
Women who fight back reduce their odds of being raped by about half!
- Learn simple and practical situational awareness techniques.
- Find out how to minimize your risk of becoming a victim
- Discover what “weapons” you carry in your purse every day and determine you what you may want to add to disable a would-be attacker before they get close enough to lay a hand on you.
- Understand how to layer your protection with pepper spray, stun guns and more. Hold them in your hands and understand how they work.
Cost: $15—includes your choice of 1 pepper spray or 1 kubaton. Additional items will be available for purchase onsite.
Walk out the door equipped and empowered!
BRING A FRIEND: For every ticket sold, a donation will be made to Response, Inc., Shenandoah County's only agency assisting those affected by sexual and domestic violence, and child abuse.