Women in Engineering and Computing Career Day 2014
Monday, October 27, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 1:10 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Do you want to be an innovator and change the world?
Consider a career in Engineering or Computing
Who should attend?
- High school girls interested in the fields of engineering or computer science (Up to 10 may attend per school)
- Guidance counselors & teachers
Highlights of the Day
- Meet high school women like you from across the Commonwealth
- Participate in two of four hands-on engineering and computer science activities
- See demonstrations of state-of-the-art technology
- Hear from UMass Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Alumna Renee Harbers, Founder & CEO, Harbers Family Foundation
- Learn about career opportunities in engineering and computer science
- Meet college students, professors, and engineers
- Chat about "Why Choose Engineering or Computing?"
- Take an optional tours of engineering & computer science labs
8:30 am - Check in and continental breakfast
8:45 am - 1:10 pm - Full program including lunch
1:15 - 2:30 pm - Optional Lab tours (pre-registration required)
Vegetarian options available for breakfast & lunch. Other dietary restrictions cannot be accomodated in event buffet, however additional food options are available in the Campus Center at cost if needed.
Parking & Transportation
Parking passes to Campus Garage will be provided (up to 3 passes per school). Transportation arrangements and mileage are the responsibility of the school.
Map & directions to UMass Amherst: http://www.umass.edu/umhome/visit_campus.html
Location: Lincoln Campus Center, UMass Amherst 1 Campus Center Way, Amherst MA
Dr. Paula Rees, Director of Diversity Programs Office, College of Engineering