1) This workshop will be geared towards igniting action & empowerment in women (in an attempt to raise self-esteem/self-worth in women)
2) WEW will also place a special emphasis on Empowering Young Women to lead change in an effort to catalyst positive change in their lives and communities.
*Our goal is to help develop effective young women into leaders
3) Self-esteem and body image will also be discussed in the way the pressure to be beautiful is robbing young women of their self-esteem, leaving women feeling plagued by feelings of shame and worthlessness.
4) WEW will also provide a resource group, within their organization, to assist participants in the continuation of these leadership skills and growth development. Informational Handouts and a Source of Mentorship will also be offered to participants.
5) Various Activities and Character Building exercises will be conducted during this workshop.
***Light Refreshments will be served
**Target audience for this workshop is ages 18-35**
About our Facilitators:
Ms. Galanda Simmons, Founder, CEO (Life Coach and Motivational Speaker)
Ms. Linda Woolridge (Facilitator Assistant)
Women Empowering Women – Diamonds in the Rough
Galanda Simmons was born in Chicago Illinois and reared in Dixmoore, Illinois. In 2008, Galanda graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business. She also graduated from Strayer University where she earned a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management in 2011.
Galanda has received special recognition from Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, Alpha Chi National College Honor Scholarship Society, and Toastmasters International Educational Programs where she served as Vice President of Education. She received the “Sisters Rocking the Community Award” for her extraordinary work in the community in 2013.
As an advocate for women, in 2009, Galanda founded an empowerment organization for women called Women Empowering Women –Diamonds in the Rough. The organization was founded on Galanda’s strong belief that the potential for greatness exists within each of us. However, in many cases life’s circumstances and/or people can adversely taint our dreams and stunt the development of our talents. In doing so, we become like diamonds in the rough, “One having exceptional qualities or potential, but lacking refinement or polish.” It is from this ideology Women Empowering Women – Diamonds In The Rough was born.
Galanda is the publisher and a journalist for WEW’s magazine and has her own personal inspirational column in the magazine called G’s Inspirational Corner. Galanda Simmons, has one daughter Shalonda Simmons-Parris and granddaughter Shania Simmons.
Linda Woolridge Bio coming soon!