San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
East Village Arts District in Long Beach
Mens / Womens / Track / Road
Bicycle Criterium Race
Saturday - May 30th 2015
401 E 1st St,
Long Beach, CA 90802
(Schedule may change)
Racers must show up 45 minutes before qualifier session start for mandatory bike inspection and registration
RULES / SCHEDULE
(Subject to change check social media channels for updates.)
• Racers divided into qualifier sessions of groups of 20-30
• Lap times recorded using timing chips
• At scheduled session time, enter pit lane from from the Red Bull Athlete Zone
• Groups and riders must be present at scheduled session start or risk DQ
• Groups will be timed during “5 lap” sessions
• Session Lap 1 is relaxed and will not be timed
• Riders spin up to timed laps 2 3 4 and 5
• Best individual lap time is counted against entire category field
• Fastest 85 riders in each category advance to finale race
• Drafting is allowed
• “Slingshotting” pushing, or physically assisting another rider is NOT allowed
• Blocking during qualifiers is not allowed
• $100 Cash Primes are offered for 1st lap and up to 5 additional laps as offered by sponsors.
• Primes can be sponsored per category (road and / or track) but must be awarded to both genders per category.
• Email roadblock @ wolfpackhustle . com to sponsor a prime.
1st place - Dog Tags / Unified Title Series Points / $300
• 30 laps men / 24 laps women
• Starting grid will be ranked according to qualifying times
• (In the event of a tie, next fastest lap will be compared)
• NO FREE LAP RULE FOR CRASHES, MECHANICALS OR OTHERWISE
• LAPPED RIDERS ARE PULLED
• JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
• Prime laps announced before race on race day
• Riders seen crashing others out or riding “dangerously” as determined by course marshals will be DQ’d as authorized by race officials
• EQUIPMENT DROP BARS ONLY.
• BULL HORNS / TT Bars are NOT ALLOWED
• TRACK category is BRAKELESS FIXED
• Rider must use same general equipment in finale race as in qualifiers
RED BULL ATHLETE ZONE
Athlete check-in / Warm up Area / Bring Trainers / Tent space (must reserve limited slots)
TEAM SIZE LIMIT
• Teams are limited to 6 athletes per gender per road per track categories.
• Athletes must wear kit that visually matches their teammates.
• If a team is registering more than 6 athletes, a B team, whose members will score points separately, must be created.
• Official team names must be provided during the registration process and clearly indicate A or B team (if applicable). •
• A and B teams must have different visual features on their kit and/or bikes.
• Teams may only change athletes between series events.
• If an athlete switches teams, the athlete's team points are non-transferable and remain with their original team.
RISK / WAIVER
We are a proud member of American Bike Racing.
Minors must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian as co-signer.
Registration is capped at 250 competitors making a sell out likely.
Depending on schedule we MAY add more on site late registrations $35 cash only on day of event.