REG OPENS 10AM MARCH 28TH
East Village Arts District in Long Beach
Mens / Womens / World Class Track Bike Criterium Race
Saturday - May 7th 2016
7:30PM WOMENS TRACK MAIN EVENT
8:15PM MENS TRACK MAIN EVENT
9PM PODIUM AWARDS
(Schedule may change)
Racers must show up 45 minutes before qualifier session start for mandatory bike inspection and registration
Volunteers needed for the Short Line Crit in Long Beach.
You get a meal, official t-shirt and a beer (all ages allowed to volunteer but must be 21+ for beer) sign up!
RULES / SCHEDULE
(Subject to change check social media channels for updates.)
• Racers divided into qualifier sessions of groups of 20-30
• Lap times recorded using timing chips
• At scheduled session time, enter pit lane from from the Red Bull Athlete Zone
• Groups and riders must be present at scheduled session start or risk DQ
• Groups will be timed during “5 lap” sessions
• Session Lap 1 is relaxed and will not be timed
• Riders spin up to timed laps 2 3 4 and 5
• Best individual lap time is counted against entire category field
• Fastest 85 riders in each category advance to finale race
• Drafting is allowed
• “Slingshotting” pushing, or physically assisting another rider is NOT allowed
• Blocking during qualifiers is not allowed
• $100 Cash Primes are offered for 1st lap and up to 5 additional laps as offered by sponsors.
• Primes can be sponsored per category (road and / or track) but must be awarded to both genders per category.
• Email roadblock @ wolfpackhustle . com to sponsor a prime.
1st place - Dog Tags / Unified Title Series Points / $300
• 36 laps (40 mins) men / 26 laps (40 mins) women
• Starting grid will be ranked according to qualifying times (In the event of a qualifier tie, next fastest lap will be compared)
• NO FREE LAP RULE FOR CRASHES, MECHANICALS OR OTHERWISE
• LAPPED RIDERS ARE PULLED
• JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
• Prime laps announced before race on race day
• Riders seen crashing others out or riding “dangerously” as determined by course marshals will be DQ’d as authorized by race officials
• DROP BARS ONLY - BULL HORNS / TT Bars are NOT ALLOWED
• TRACK category is BRAKELESS FIXED TRACK SPEC Bikes no exceptions
• Rider must use same general equipment in finale race as in qualifiers
RED BULL ATHLETE ZONE
Athlete check-in / Warm up Area / Bring Trainers / Tent space (must reserve limited slots)
TEAM SIZE LIMIT
• Teams are limited to 6 athletes per gender.
• Athletes must wear kit that visually matches their teammates.
• If a team is registering more than 6 athletes, a B team, whose members will score points separately, must be created.
• Official team names must be provided during the registration process and clearly indicate A or B team (if applicable).
• A and B teams must have different visual features on their kit and/or bikes.
• Teams may only change athletes between series events.
RISK / WAIVER
We are a proud member of American Bike Racing.
Minors must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian as co-signer.
Depending on schedule we MAY host on site late registrations $45 cash only on day of event.